Online Distance Learning Courses

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by diggersjohn33, Aug 28, 2012.

1. diggersjohn33

diggersjohn33
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have joined some online tutorial sites where you pay a fee for a selected time frame like 6 or 12 months and have access to their archive.

It can be really rewarding to work through the tutorials so long as you actually take the time to do it. Which can easily fall by the wayside as it is never a top of the list priority.

Alternatively, simply by refining your search terms you will be surprised at the forum posts and freely available tutorials available.

My advice is keep refining your search terms as some of the paid services are not very comprehensive and once you pay you can whip through the lessons.

3. even

even
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes, it takes less time for travelling and get to focus in the course itself since social interaction is not present. I prefer distant learning especially if its the knowledge that you are really up to.

4. UTMediaGroup

UTMediaGroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just do not know how well you really learn from them. I have a friend that is taking online courses from the college she attends but she also goes to college there. I could not imagine being several thousand miles away from your professor and doing all the work online.

5. madelinekim

madelinekim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I am doing distance learning course and there are many students joined it today. That site brightonsbm seems quite good because distance learning is a great way to capture up on education and learning that can further improve a amazing profession.

6. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think taking courses online do not give same learning as you gain knowledge while sitting in class.In class you can discuss things with teacher and your fellows. While for online no such practice can be observed.

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have done many online courses before...through distance learning....experience says that they are much effective only for certification purposes not for skills enhancement...

8. TT Annoy Me

TT Annoy Me
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried one but didn't carry it through. Whoops.

Accountancy was a mistake. :dunno:

9. resources

resources
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing. Are these accredited?

10. B2025

B2025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check the Department of Education's Accreditation page: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
    Good luck.
    You definitely want something accredited.

And online isn't necessarily a bad option if you're responsible enough and committed to learning the material.