Online business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by dripworld, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have been working from past few years but never used to make an online company since i sued to generate revenue form adsense or other products but not selling my own products.I have thought to start a business however my idea is to make a stor and sell prodcuts from that but in the mean time i thought to use adsense and affiltate programs.
    But I dont know anything about credit card payments and how they works.I may try to use paypal or an alternative payment option.
    The problem is i have to use only my products or else affilitate programs.Can someone suggest to me what is hould do in this situation.I am thinking to generate money either they buy my product or the affilitate product or even clicks.

2. TheFlowDoctor

TheFlowDoctor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have no idea where to start, you will probably have a lot of research ahead of you before you can jump in.

A lot of people start by selling affiliate products simply to generate revenue and "buzz" to their sites. Some people make a very good living selling only affiliate products, but it is not the "norm".

If the ultimate goal is to be creating and selling your own products, you should be doing that on the backend from day one. To do that, you need to know who your market is, what product(s) to be creating, how to most effectively create them, how to market them and so on.

As for accepting payments, I've always been partial to PayPal. It is pretty hassle-free for me!

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a good idea to first start with affiliate program because you dont need to keep any stock. At the same times, i will suggest you to source some product to plan for your future, you might consider to sell your own product too.

Regarding the payment, paypal is good enough because people are able to pay with credit card to your paypal account

4. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can start selling any kind of service that you are able to do.Like if you are good at providing facebook fans or likes,twitter followers,blog comments , Sponsored reviews,selling votes etc you can earn well. you can also try sites like cashle ,they pay you $1 per usa or uk referral.I have been doing some online marketing and promotion works for new American and german companies and i'm very much satisfied with the income. You can contact me for further clarification

5. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for the help
    Ill get to start with affilitate programs and later use some of my my own products too.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website have good conversion rate, then you will earn more with your own product.
    By the way, what kind of product you are selling?

7. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I agree with this. I know of many sites that make good use of these. A lot were hosting sites, however. What you need to do is have a pretty good rate so that it encourages people to actually try and refer people. I know of a few sites that have such a low conversion rate that no one ever uses it.

8. alex12

alex12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for online business You can start selling any kind of service in which you are able to do.Like if you are good at providing twitter followers,blog comments facebook fans or likes, Sponsored reviews,selling votes etc threw all this you can earn good money

9. ecombiz1

ecombiz1
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

i think you must be read about online shopping cart

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing old thread. If you would like it re-opened, please send me a quick PM and I'd be delighted to open it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.