Online Business partner

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by daytrader, Oct 18, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will be trying to look for someone who will work with my forum, maybe someone who also live where I am since my forum is focus to the locals. I haven't done this before so I'm thinking how must we agree on things like earnings and duties?

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, you must agree on earnings and duties. Most forums, even larger ones, are staffed by volunteers. Sometimes the volunteers are given rewards, such as points that can be redeemed for merchandise or gift cards. In a few cases, I know there are some forums that have a paid staff, though often the paid staff serves mostly to assist the volunteer staff and handle certain high level issues.

If you are going to pay, I think you need to give some very careful thought as to what you want the paid person to do, then create a compensation arrangement that compensates him or her for achieving the objectives. Is the person supposed to join in the conversations? Is the person supposed to recruit and train moderators? Is the person supposed to keep the forum free from spam and from low quality posts? Make sure that you create appropriate goals and then provide incentives to rerach those goals.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Probably a co-owner and maybe we can share expenses for it and also share the earnings. This is where to process might just mess up... has anyone ever did this?

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It all depends on how you deal with your partner, there are no standard. I never work partnership with someone online that i dont know him/her in real life, it will be risky. Personally i prefer to bare all the expenses, and then get few guy to work on the forum and share the income

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

ownedbox what are the main benefits that you wish to receive, by working with a partner?

6. MARTIN1

MARTIN1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Every One !!!!
    It all relies on how you cope with your associate, there are no conventional.I think you need to provide some very cautious believed as to what you want the compensated individual to do, then make a settlement agreement that reimburses him or her for accomplishing the goals. And can you tell me which kind of business you want to start.

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just want someone who will also work with my forum, be active from time to time and reply to those who are asking information about the city and likes..I sometimes can't answer some questions because i'm sometimes busy. I don't mind if he/she will promote his/her website as long as he can help with me in the forum by managing it. I hope to partner with him/her and maybe share the earnings. but the "how to" is something we have to agree.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You can sometimes find people to participate on a forum, in that way, without having to pay them. Forum Promotion (link in my sig) is a great place to find people like that. Alternatively perhaps there are already members on your forum who would be interested in helping out.

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I actually found someone from forumpromotion.net who regularly stays in my tech forum but for my travel forum which is base on the city I currently live isn't easy to find there. I have few members who I think can help and can moderate but then again, I don't just want them to be a volunteer. I will be welcoming maybe 1 or 2 individuals who are willing to joint venture with the business and I'm not sure how we can agree for the profit to be shared.

is it a good idea to make them have their own adnetwork to monetize? it might sound funny though but let's
    say, I'd be using the hotel booking affiliate and the other may use adsense and the other may use viglink network?

10. renegadeleader

renegadeleader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you have any friends or colleagues that you can offer the business with?

11. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do have some people in mind but the the sharing of revenue is what I'm concern of. how can we divide the earnings?

12. aronmatt3

aronmatt3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have already some active members on the forum, then you should try to ask them if anyone wants to volunteer you forum for link benefits and I am sure there will be many people ready to do so in favor of some links. But if you are looking for some one who should also invest in that, then you need to find someone from your locality to maintain good communication in person, but it is not compulsory as anyone from different locality can also contribute equally in any online business.