Online business motivation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Vajna, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Vajna

Vajna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don’t Send Your Ducks To Eagle School

Why? Because it won’t work. Good people are found, not changed. They can change themselves, but you can’t change them. If you want good people, you have to find them. If you want motivated people, you have to find them, not motivate them. Motivation is mystery. Why are some people motivated and some are not? Call it “mysteries of the mind.” Chalk it up to mysteries of mind, and don’t waste your time trying to turn ducks into eagles. Hire people,find people who already Eagles, and then just let them soar. If you send ducks to eagle school, you will frustrate the ducks. Ducks are not supposed to be eagles-nor do they want to become eagles. Who they are is who they should be. Ducks have their strength and should be appreciated for them. They’re excellent swimmers. Ask an eagle to swim or to migrate thousands of miles, and it’s going to be in trouble.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with a lot of what you are saying Vajna and there are good points there and businesses could benefit from taking on board. However, there is some of it that I would question.

I agree that some people are motivated and some aren't and that there is only so much you can do. However, there are things you can do to improve staff motivation. For example, it's not for nothing that companies pay commission to their sales people and run contests for their best people. They do it because it motivates them to work even harder and to strive for more sales.

On the other hand, even a very motivated individual can become demotivated if they work in a poor work environment and they feel that their efforts are not being rewarded or even recognised by their employer.

Saying all that, I do agree that there are people who won't be motivated no matter what you do for them and that there are people who have got real get up and go and seem to have a great knack for remaining positive and motivated under almost any circumstances.

3. JackT333

JackT333
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i want to start my travelling business can anyone help me.