One Online Promotion Tip for Business Advice Forum

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Fergal, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Please reply to this thread with one tip you have for promoting Business Advice Forum.

All replies and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. JPolito830

JPolito830
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Branch out to business blogs and promote if you can.

3. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are what I would suggest for promoting a business forum like our BAF:

1. Optimization

Search engines are the best source for getting more "targeted" traffic. Searching for the keyword, "Business Advice Forum" turns up our BAF forum in the very first page of Google. Searching for BAF or Business forum will not turn our forum up. Not many will surely search for the keyword BAF but many would search for 'Business forum' or 'Business advice'. May be, we can try to optimize this forum for such relative keywords. (PS: Such relative, close keywords can be found using th online Keyword analyzer tools available in SEOBook site, WordTracker, Google Keyword Analyzer program, etc. It would be nice if we hire a Professional SEO expert to achieve this task.)

2. Advertising

We already have contests going on in the forum; it is well and more than good. But, who all really knows about this contest? A few of our members in Hostbidder and few others who we spread the word to. This really needs to be revisited. We should ask people to write about this on their blogs (blogs with good traffic and decent Page Rank, Of course). We should find out other decent business forums and swap links or banner ads with them. One more thing would be to pay and let our banner ads be shown on other popular, affordable business forums. (PS: We now have PR1 and hence we should be hunting for PR2 or higher PR forums/business related websites. If at all we plan to pay for putting up our banners, we even should demand for higher PRs)

3. Promotion

We have decent number of posts these days and hence I would not suggest for a Paid forum posters. It is not a wise choice at this moment. Rather, we can write articles and post it on E-zines or such similar popular websites. We should ensure that the articles are properly handled with niche keywords (not overloaded with keywords. It will look like a spam in that case). We can hire professional article writers if at all needed.

4. Our own Blog

We must have a blog corresponding to this forum where the administrator will be updating about the latest and hot topics in the business world, success stories of successful business men (/women), Business related Tips and tutorials, etc. Optimizing blogs are easier when compared to forums. So, if any of the anonymous visitor lands up on our blog, 99% chances are there he will visit our forum as well. (For this, we need to have banner ads or write about what contest we are conducting every week in our blog post). Some people might not think blogs are good to go with forums; in that case we can go for Newsletters.

5. Other comments

I know this is a Business Advice Forum. But I think we should also have a section for students who are willing to pursue or already pursuing business degree. I mean a dedicated category for Business Students with further sub categories like CAT preparation, MBA discussion, etc. Once we start getting more members pouring into this forum, this will not only be a place to share business related advices but also a medium for the interaction of international business students.

6. Extras

These should be considered at the last. These will help the members keep entertained; however these are of less importance. We can have an arcade (not random crap car race games but flash puzzle games, some word related games, etc) we can also have points system to see who is the champ of which game. A place to share jokes is also appreciated. We currently have 'Business Small Talk & Member Introductions' section but I am not sure if we can post jokes over there or not. We can even have a separate section for 'Quizzes' where the admin or anyone can post Quizzes about Personality Development which is very much needed in today's business environment. This need NOT be a contest but for mere fun :)

BAF is already doing well, it just needs to progress a bit more to get everyone's attention. I hope the above points will surely help in promoting our BAF.

EDIT: OMG! I just noticed we were asked to give only one tip. Anyways, it doesn't matter now. I wrote what I felt :) Take care everyone. I'm off for now.

#3 dahlia84, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that one of the best ways to promote Business Advice Forum is to list it in free directory listings. For Chats and Forums, they are usually listed under the category "Computers & Internet" and subcategory "Chats & Forums".

A lot of people still use these directories when they want to find forums to join instead of searching the web.

The most popular are dmoz, yahoo and google directories.
    http://www.dmoz.org
    http://dir.yahoo.com
    http://www.google.com/dirhp

There are also a lot of free forum directories and I think that BAF can also be listed there.

By the way, I got ahead of myself and already submitted BAF in dmoz.org and it's now pending review. Sorry, I shouldn't have because they will use the email address to identify the one who will be able to update the directory listing details. The details I used are as follows:

Title: Business Advice Forum
    Description:
    Free professional business advice. Getting feedbacks and suggestions on your new business idea. Help with business plan preparation. Be a part of a very friendly business forum.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've found there was many users registered at BAF but why are they not active? There are more than 2800 members but why are they not posting?

This is the most common fact. The fact lies in the forum's contents. This is due to lack of simplicity. Many of the member that donot write here, either don't have idea/interest on writing them or even they've those topics doesn't suit them. So, they reduce their posting or quit posting around. One thing is our BAF forum lacks Business Advisors. So, if we've active advisor in a plus point this would be a dynamic place to get Business free ideas and helps. In addition, there should be a thread like "Ask your Business Questions" and where they will get quality and impressive solutions to questions. This will add plus point for your forum that it tries to solve member's problem almost everytime. However, mostly I find here people are discussing about solution to solution. That means, thread itself speaks about solution and we're further more discussion about solution which is senseless to say.

One of the promotion tip to be done Online is go to the top website and often forum wensite, bloggers and so on and Advertise our website. This is a good way because they contain million of users and best part is they've active users almost everytime. Like for example. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/ Doing banner exchange and Link exchange is the best key to get members for the forum/website. We should also highlight our forum main aim for establishment - Get Business Advice and One new concept - Earn Money Everyday!

Regards,
    DEADMAN.

#5 DEADMAN, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  6. david9wong

david9wong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is a wonderful information Nazreen, thanks a tonne for sharing your views...

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're very much welcome david9wong. By the way, welcome to the Business Advice Forum!

It would be good if you also share something about yourself. Are you also involved in any kind of business?

8. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the blog part.
    Maybe there is 1 or 2 blog posts a month about a hot topic of the real world, or better, something that is currently hot in the forum.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your tips and suggestions, they are really excellent and very helpful. I've always planned on running a blog to compliment this community. It's just that I've hadn't had the time to spend on it up to now, but I still plan to launch it at some stage in the future.

10. SandraVMG

SandraVMG
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having is business blog is a great idea! After all, everyone is into blogging these days - its the best way to promote, get people more involved and grow as a community! I'm new here but I love it already...Cheers!!

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sandra, welcome to Business Advice Forum and thanks for posting.

12. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the Business Advice Forum Sandra! Can you tell us a little something about yourself?

Yes, I do agree that most people are into blogging nowadays. It's either that or youtube. I think that these are the top 2 forms of marketing that's being used today. I've read in the papers recently that even politicians in Malaysia are using blogs to promote themselves... it's free PR for them.

13. SandraVMG

SandraVMG
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Nazreen and Fergal for those words of welcome :)

Its true - politicians, actors, industrialists, doctors, teachers - anyone and everyone is blogging these days.. It is indeed a great free way to promote a business or a cause or just yourself!! :D

14. ritajones56

ritajones56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I have to get in on the blogging industry. I am way behind in that regard. I have been concentrating on a static Web site but I realize the future is in blogging to really make a lot of money.