One New System Which Does Everything

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Lindra Vanz, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Lindra Vanz

Lindra Vanz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One problem I've been dealing with over the last few years is that the best systems focus on a single main feature. For content, you have an article-based software like Joomla which only really wants to do articles. For forums, you can use vBulletin, but anything other than forum which the software has to offer isn;t quite to joomla's standard. A lot of administrators end up using multiple programs installed, and hope that no one notices that they have a dozen different websites posing as one. This is the only realistic option at the moment, but this has to change.
    I've designed a software system which incorporates a fully functional hosting service that allows users to create a website with access to the following fully integrated features. No feature is the software's full focus, so each aspect is designed to shine, and fit in well with a website's design.
    Features:
    - Webpages
    - Forums
    - Blogs
    - Calendars
    - Photo Galleries
    - E-Commerce
    - Support Tickets
    - Project Management
    - Business Timesheets
    And more is on the way, as well. Essentially, I want it to be so that someone can start everything that an organization needs, from a website to corporate timesheets, in just few minutes, without having to deal with integrating multiple systems which hate each other. I'm posting about this because I want to know what you think. What features does this need to have? hat needs changing? How do you like my approach to this issue? I also hope that users of this forum might benefit from this product, particularly if they are having integration headaches of their own.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with your new system Lindra. Forum software products such as vBulletin are substantial pieces of software with deep functionality. To create a single software product that includes all those features and those of the other products (e.g. blogs) that you mention would be a huge piece of work. Do you have a large team of people working on this project?

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it can do all that you have mentioned then it is surely a great product. You could also possibly add an option to integrate livechat. Is it possible to try this to better understand its applicability and review it as well?