One main business site or multiple sites

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by ErinHeaven, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ErinHeaven

ErinHeaven
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right now, I offer a variety of services which, though tangentially related, are distinct enough that I think each one merits its own site. My main business site had gotten me a good degree of business, in contrast to my other service sites which has gotten me a trickle of results. Should I consolidate everything under my one site? My main concern is that some of my services may strike customers of the others as irrelevant and distracting, and therefore put them off as it may look like I'm spread too thin as a "jack of all trades/master of none". Thanks.

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could you tell us a bit more about what your main site is about and the other sites or give links? It's hard to say without knowing the subject matter of each of them.

3. ErinHeaven

ErinHeaven
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A lot would depend on your objectives for the business. For example if you are putting a lot of resource into the business and you are in it for the long term, you could benefit from developing a single brand that provides all of those services. If you are looking for a quick return you might be better off keeping the websites separate and promoting them separately, online. However, links between them, could help with your search engine rankings.

5. ErinHeaven

ErinHeaven
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right now I've decided to keep them separate. Thanks!