one effective way to SEO

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Catherine, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Catherine

Catherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking is a kind of social software or website which is used for people to collect and share hyperlinks on the Internet. It is a new application of America Web 2.0. It is also called web bookmarking as most collected hyperlinks can be shared by most users on the web.

In general, it has a great influence on search engine optimization. Bookmarks means one-way backlinks to websites, and if your website are collected by more users, and more and more people embodied your web bookmarking, thus it implies your website is becoming more popular. Although this kind of backlinks are not backlinks with high quality from the view of links value, it can also bring some visit traffic, and the spread speed is rather fast from one people to thousands of people.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Moved to the appropriate forum section!]

3. Catherine

Catherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

could you tell me how to move this topic to other section, and I do not know how to do that.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry Catherine, but only Admins and Moderators can move threads. If you see a thread that you feel is in the incorrect forum section, please feel free to report it. This section is the correct section for articles and tutorials so it doesn't need to be moved.

5. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Bookmarking can be a good source of instant backlinks to your website. But with the quality issues they have, most of them are highly likely to be ignored by Google. When it comes to traffic, there is a minimal chance unless you use a popular social bookmarking websites. Those crappy social bookmarks sites across the web have less chances of getting you a good number of traffic because whenever you made a post, someone will surely made their own in a split of a second thus making your post buried to the deepest part of the web.

6. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a lot of ways to boost your back links. The most frequent practices are: article marketing, video marketing, and social media marketing.

#6 guptaabhijit318, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  7. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For Quick indexing your webpages try to submit to social Bookmarking sites but rather than submit once try to receive Vote from Other users as well. Upcoming stories never comes on Published Stories until you get at least 2 vote per bookmarking url.

8. suba

suba
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the best ways to achieve high rankings in the search engines is through link building. You absolutely must have numerous quality links to your site or you will never be found in the organic searches. Most webmasters don't have a linking strategy, yet they wonder why their site lacks traffic and sales.

9. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reciprocal linking or affiliation linking as it is also known has been downgraded by Google since the Penguin and Panda updates.

10. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is correct

Not strictly true, a lot of websites go straight to the top in Google through non-internet advertising
    EG : Martyn Lewis was a freelance reporter with a weekly column in a national newspaper giving people advice on how to save money on credit cards etc, he also ran a small forum to answer questions, he then got a weekly on Radio 2's "Jeremy Vine" show, the first week he crashed the servers, he now has traffic people can only dream of.

Manchester United launched their website completely off net, traffic still goes through the roof on a daily basis

Neither of these sites needed backlinks to get to NO1

Most do, the problem is that most webmasters think that SEO has a Dr Johnsons cure all, when in fact it doesn't, what might be a correct SEO strategy for Website A, is not necessarily right for Website B.
    Every website is different when it comes to SEO needs and implementation.

11. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some most effective seo optimization tips are :

1. Content is king, so be sure to have good, well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase.
    2. If content is king, then links are queen. Build a network of quality backlinks using your keyword phrase as the link. Remember, if there is no good, logical reason for that site to link to you, you don’t want the link.
    3. Don’t be obsessed with PageRank. It is just one isty bitsy part of the ranking algorithm. A site with lower PR can actually outrank one with a higher PR.
    4. Be sure you have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site. And, if you MUST have the name of your company in it, put it at the end. Unless you are a major brand name that is a household name, your business name will probably get few searches.
    5. Fresh content can help improve your rankings. Add new, useful content to your pages on a regular basis. Content freshness adds relevancy to your site in the eyes of the search engines.
    6. Be sure links to your site and within your site use your keyword phrase. In other words, if your target is “blue widgets” then link to “blue widgets” instead of a “Click here” link.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I am constantly dismayed by the amount of misinformation there is out there concerning SEO. I removed all the inaccurate posts from this thread, and the length of the thread went from three pages to one! As Catherine pointed out, Social Bookmarking is only one aspect of SEO. Eurekapsycrille also brought up the quality of the bookmarking site also matters. Also, although Dorfy has pointed out one exception, and there may be others, most websites do need other forms of link building as well. However, these links should NOT be from forum posts, blog comments, directory submissions, and other low-quality sources. Articles, Press Releases, Videos, Business Profiles, and, yes, Social Bookmarking will work if they come from top-rated, high PR websites, and are not abused.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cromosys

cromosys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the one of the effective ways is Off Page Optimization Techniques is Social Bookmarking Submission is the Formost ways to gain the more visitors to visit the website and generate a more traffic...

14. MarkHache

MarkHache
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keep building social bookmarks en mass for your clients, and then send them to me for penalty removal when they get slammed by Google. ;)

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As I previously pointed out, and Mark knows I did, Social bookmarking is only one aspect of Off-page SEO, and should be used along with other methods. However, I do agree that overusing Social bookmarking, or any off-page method, can result in problems, possibly including a Google penalty, which can take a true SEO professional to solve.

16. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, backlinks from social bookmarking sites can't be considered as the quality backlinks. Such backlinks helps to increase the traffic and also helps to improve the ranking.

17. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think On page techniques will be more effective in SEO, because if your on page is not proper than your back links which you have generate it will be full of waste. so as per as me first need to be focused on page rather doing of page.

18. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

It is a way of link building. You can save some of your links on specific websites through tagging them with our targeted keywords.
    Social bookmarking is a great SEO tool to drive good traffic to website depending on content you post. The more links and bookmarks you submit, more traffic you get.
    Social bookmarking lets you tag your favorite websites, share them with others, and save along with seeing what people in your network are saving and sharing. Allows users to vote for each others articles.

19. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you verify if the social bookmarking networks you submit to are still indexed by search engines before submitting them?
    Most are not indexed any more. Last time I checked, I just found 8.

20. WetNoseWaggyTail

WetNoseWaggyTail
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have too many links with the same anchor text you're almost certain to get hit by Penguin, mix it up