Old business/New business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Berni3811, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Berni3811

Berni3811
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone, (I'm new here)

I'm in a bit of a pickle and not sure where to go for advice.

Basically, I registered for a new business a couple of years ago that didn't work out. I have since told the HMRC and NI people. (Even though I still keep getting bills from the NI!)

Last year I tried the business again, (well different business) I nearly got it going but because of a family crisis I had to cease trading, I only ran for a few months from Feb 10 to Sep 10. Then closed. But this time I didn't get round to registering. I didn't make any money.

I've just started it up again, this time it looks a lot stronger, (I have learnt some vital lessons!) So I need to register. But I'm not sure where to tell them from. Is it last Feb?? Then will I be in trouble?

I just want to get everything straight but not sure where to turn to!

I'd highly appreciate any points in the right direction or advice.

Thank you

Berni

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Berni, thanks for joining and good luck with your business.

You say the business didn't make any money between Feb 10 and Sep 10, did it make any sales during that period?

3. Red Saturnino

Red Saturnino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be careful in joining an online business. AT least you have a real friend or neighbor who earn from that business to guide you everything from the ins and outs of the business.