Oilve Oil Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by zummo, Mar 5, 2012.

1. zummo

zummo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, newbie here. I'm looking to start a business. I have noticed a trend of Oilve Oil and vinegar tasting stores. The profit margin on the products is good, but the volume of sales-at least from my limited investigation-seems quite small. In fact, I don't see how these stores can keep the doors open after paying the staff. Am I missing something? Anyone have any knowledge about this business? Thanks.

2. DrewryMedia

DrewryMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you were to start a website or blog around the topic of [olive oil], be sure to join the Google AdSense program. This way, every time you create unique content about "olive oil" and publish to your website or blog, you could potentially make money from contextual advertisements, while learning more about the "olive oil business". and, when promoting your site or blog around the topic of olive oil, be sure to include a link in every new published piece of content you post to your site on every new YouTube video upload. This way, you leverage free search engine traffic, as well as gain a new audience from online video traffic, by way of using YouTube. Hope this tip helps :)

3. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's very interesting that you mention this because I've seen multiple olive oil stores pop up in the last few months. It amazes me that these businesses can afford to stay in business, especially because I've seen most of them in high-class areas renting spaces that cost a large amount of money to keep the doors open every month. To be honest, I wouldn't bet on opening a brick and mortar business. I would create a high end website that specializes in selling high end olive oil, that way you can keep your overhead low while still providing your olive oil selling services. Offer great incentives like free shipping or product discounts and you should end up doing far better than if you were to open up a physical store. PM me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to give you additional advice.

4. Oquotes

Oquotes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting. I use olive oil all of the time but did not know olive oils stores existed.

5. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well if you think it will be great that's good for you. What is important is at least you have enough knowledge about this one.

6. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The popularity of the broad search term "olive oil" has increased almost 50% over the last two years. I'm interested in finding out what's causing this peak in interest. zummo, do you have any idea where the trends for olive oil are coming from? This could be a very profitable business opportunity if done correctly.

7. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just did a little research, I'm thinking that the increasing trend in olive oil is linked to olive oil lowering the risk of stroke and increasing heart health. That's all I can find from the little bit of research I did on the subject.