Offline methods of promoting our websites?

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by MarkTaylor, Aug 12, 2012.

1. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's some great ideas here guys, but should we consider expanding the discussion to include offline methods of promoting our websites? For example, including the web address on all stationery and correspondence, car livery, etc...M.

2. BAFHarvest

BAFHarvest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

that would be good. leaflets i guess would be the best way of offline marketing, also the newspaper. also the rumor, you could have a customer and then, when he/she is satisfied with your service, then that would for sure create good rumor about your firm :)

3. Nill Smith

Nill Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes this is great way to promote our website. But this can helpful for local business or for popular website. If you are running global online eCommerce business than it is not practically possible to promote through newspaper or by car livery etc.

4. Gomage

Gomage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It also depends on what exactly your business is, and whether your target audience is able to note or memorize your website if we talk about car livery for example, or whether they read newspapers or not, etc. Stationery is really good for building your brand not only among customers, but also among partners.

So offline methods of promoting websites needs careful analysis and research.

5. Rickytaylor

Rickytaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Offline promotion of a site is good but in most cases it won't be possible. However nowadays search engines focuses more on natural and organic link building. Offline promotion is helpful but only at certain level.

6. 3009203267

uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, we should . I think that is a good idea for a website. You can build your credit and fame by doing some ads.

7. Lilo

Lilo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What's tricky though is, how we can convince users to visit once they return online. You need to have some sort of recall for the strategy to work. Any ideas?

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that even with the existence of online marketing tools and medium these days, offline marketing still lead an impact in the industry.
    Some of those I think of are the following:

1. Business cards
    2. Brochues and Leaflets
    3. Tarpaulins located at malls or other stores and houses
    4. TV Ads
    5. Door-to-door marketing styles
    6. Telemarketing (partly offline)
    7. Face to face meeting with client
    8. Seminars / orientation about your product, services and business

Thanks,
    Mark T.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a great response as always from my virtual namesake! I guess most of our promotions should relate back to our website, but I would be interested to hear of more innovative ideas... for example, I have seen companies handing out branded free gifts in busy areas with web addresses on - I guess they have done the maths on the cost of the free gift and the expected conversion rate/value... M.

10. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Mark Taylor.

Giveaways, freebies, etc - they are among the most common way to let your customers test out your product without even using a single penny. That way you build a relationship with your customers through your product.
    You let them know and experience your product first for free. When they feel that they have this certain need to buy your product, they come back for you and buy.

Building a strong foundation and relationship through your services and products not only benefits your business from getting customers back, and new customers in, but also lets you target a long term foundation about what your business is.

Regards,
    Mark T

11. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the best way is stickers, TV ads and banners along the market which is targeted.

12. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, that's an effective traffic generation and marketing technique. That works best for print materials.

13. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

offline methods is different than the offpage method.
    You may choose the traditional media method, including the film advertisement, TV ads, and posters.
    However, the traditional offpage method may cost more money than online ones.

14. Jagdish Technocast

Jagdish Technocast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think best method of offline site promoting is publish your article with web address in local newspapers and magazines, press release and put your web site address and your domain mail address in business card.

Beware, if you can use this technique of offline promoting is more than costly for online promoting.

#14 Jagdish Technocast, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  15. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website should offer added value to the video. For example, if your video is about a nice cake recipe, you can end it with: "Hey, did you enjoy this video? If so, you can find a lot more recipes on our website, which is linked in the description!" People always like to get more of something they like.

16. Luke Bainton

Luke Bainton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Local ads on newspapers can help in it

17. Penny_Saver2016

Penny_Saver2016
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Likewise, magazines and newspapers are still two of the best traditional ways in promoting a website. Brochures and leaflets could help too.

18. odhran

odhran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Attending to speaking engagement and trade shows is also good opportunity for you to promote your website. In addition, you can even find potential customers on that event.

19. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are the Offline methods of promoting the websites :
    • Newspaper.
    • Newsletter.
    • TV Ads.
    • Templates.
    • Business seminar.
    • Meetings.:):):):):):):):):)

20. Rosy Queen

Rosy Queen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great idea but quite tricky, too.

You might include your web address on taxi/bus ads but be sure to create an eye-catching background or image in your ad. Studies have shown that visual cues allows people to remember more. :)