Office meetings

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Yigal, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Yigal

Yigal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I normally get together with my Project Manager once a month and get an overview of what's going on in the company, who is doing what and what is in the near future. Today i did, for the first time, an office meeting with a total of 6 employees (left some out) and went over each persons task and what they working on. I left the room with a great feeling. I think that they liked the meeting and this way they know better what each player is doing.
    Every how long should i be going meeting like this? I like to keep meetings sort so that the office keeps it's productivity, please comment on this as well.

2. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Office meeting with staff should really be done regularly. As an employee, i really appreciate my boss giving some time to check us out. It feels like, we are guided and ensured that we are moving towards one direction.

• Like Like x 1
  3. harryt

harryt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are already well in the way. Communication is extremely important. A meeting often sets the scene by signalling that it is ok to think about the future and not respond to immediate concerns. During day-to-day business we tend to be focusing on immediate problems.

I think you need at least a monthly meeting that focuses on your overall strategy, direction and progress. A weekly meeting focusing on sales, progress and actions would be appropriate. In this case keep the focus on what each person have achieved the past week, help they need to improve and what they intend for the next week. Sharing this will make the team aware of each persons role and needs and create greater synergy.

Keep them short. I always recommend that meetings 1) should be about making decisions 2) reflecting on progress 3) focus on what should be done next.

Best wishes

• Like Like x 1