Offered position in small web business, need advice on percentage share.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Aaron Wright, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Aaron Wright

Aaron Wright
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was offered a job position as an artist and designer of a budding website.
    The rest of the team consists of 4 people: a founder, and others on such things as marketing and programming.
    I was offered either a percentage share of the site revenue for a fixed amount of time, or a percentage share of the whole site were it to be sold (they are not willing to sell for anything under $20,000).
    I have never been offered a job in such a way before, and I was wondering about the percentage (for the fixed amount of time)?
    I was also told to keep in mind how much time and effort they would be putting into it to consider.
    Money is no issue; I wouldn't want to be too demanding, but I would also not like to be ripped off.

Can anyone offer advice as to the percentage I should likely receive, or should I just ask for the founder's position as to what percentage he thinks I should get?

2. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would have thought 20%, but you would probably be best asking the team themselves.

3. Aaron Wright

Aaron Wright
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for the input, since money was no big issue I simply said I'd be fine with whatever they're willing to give me. Thanks!