Nothing seems to be easier.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Motaraire, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Motaraire

Motaraire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nothing seems to be easier than seeing someone whom you can help but not helping.
    I suggest we start giving it a try. Give love to the ones that need it.
    God will appreciate it.

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Motaraire, welcome to BAF. And I imagine He will. :)

That reminds me of the Edmund Burke quotation, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Where are you from, Motaraire?

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This post by Motaraire is also a spam. If you google this or use Copyscape, you can see that there are a lot of posts which are exactly the same as this.

I had thought of deleting this thread but the message of the thread is a very important one. The message can also be applied here in BAF - we also offer some advice and help each other out. :)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Helping others is a great way to help you feel good about yourself. When times are bad sometimes the most useful thing you can do to pick yourself up is to help someone else.

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I got it on my writer's site last night in the comments and deleted it, despite liking the message too. Wish I could figure out the why's of spam like that.

6. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The spammer is probably a reformed one who has just gotten some enlightenment. :)
    Anyway, they weren't spamming to promote any websites and/or products. They're just spamming to spread the message of love and helping others. This message is very relevant and helpful during bad times and especially during this global recession.

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Though this message can be spam but hidden motive of this spam should be realized ,,,,it is a spam which is not harming forum but is spreading message of love in the forum..
    An act should be judged good & bad based on it's actual hidden motive behind it..a thing done with a good spirit can never be a bad one....

8. ailema000

ailema000
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes i agree its juts by giving life on everything that you do

9. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, you're cool.. How did you know that it is a spam in the first place?
    You see this similar post in other forums?

Yea, you're right, there's no link.
    I guess people are really spreading love and their helpful hand through the internet.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When you see enough spammers you get an instinct for what their posts are like. It's hard to describe how you know but basically their posts look like something that has been pasted on lots of forums, they are often short and out of context and show very little personalisation or reference to personal experience.

11. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You gain a spamdar - it's like a radar but gradually seeps into your brain the longer you're a webmaster. The other way to find out is Google the whole phrase in inverted commas. That's usually fastest.

I still liked this one though. :D Makes a change from being asked if I want a bigger eh...organ. Must be some magic involved in that one. :rolleyes:

12. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Last time I've tried to set up my own forum, but after that I gave up and
    never to manage it anymore. I get too many spams and it is hard to maintain
    the readership of your forum.

Instead, right now I focus most of my time in other internet business.
    It must be hard for you guys here to post constantly everyday.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Dealing with spam is a challenge and but business forums appear to get more spam than other types of forums. When I've worked on other types of forums, they got spam but not to the level that I see on business forums.

It's not an effort for me to post here, I enjoy it and I learn a lot from other members.

14. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think spammers will get anything by posting spams as they should be aware of the fact that sooner or later their spam will be deleted by the moderators....Then still they keep on posting spam.Pity guys...

Fergal can you tell me what they will get by posting spams in the forums...By knowing the root cause we may find some solution of this problem in much more effective way!!!

15. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not all forums are clean Scifi. That's the reason why spammers spam in forums. They'll get free publicity for their website but I'd have to agree that it would have been better if they've posted the normal/manual way and then after that, put their links in their sigs.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

They get nothing from posting spam here, Scifi. We delete all spam links and spam posts very quickly. In fact they generally don't even get a link, because we don't allow members to post links until they have made a few posts. We've also stopped members from adding a homepage link in their profile, which was another huge source of spam.

As Nazreen says, not all forums are as clean as this one, and they get some publicity from forums that are not as active in deleting their spam. Hence, they post on lots of forums in the knowledge that at least some of their posts and links will remain and give them some publicity.

17. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, looks like you guys really put in real effort into maintaining this forum.
    Great to see this forum grows everyday. ^_^

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your kind words Shawn, long may our steady and consistent growth continue :)