Not showing on google page. Need help.

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by firstchoicecar, Nov 24, 2010.

1. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Guys me and my friend need help. We need some informations regarding this. I saw some tips on here saying "multi-phrases kewords" can help me index at google place because they are less competitive. So i suggest it to my friend. This friend of mine is working on this site. The website is http://www.amoro.com and she uses multi-phrases keywords like what I've suggest. Here are the keywords "wedding gifts for wedding party, his and hers wedding bands, wedding engagement rings, diamond engagement rings, sterling silver jewelry and many more". In short she uses "multi-phrases for her keywords" to the idea of lesser competitive keywords. She's working on it for 2months, she just started last September 6, 2010. Until now it was not showing up on google. What we are thinking is that since she's using multi-keyword phrases and less competitive word like "wedding gifts for wedding party" that's not a competitive word, it's too long so how come it's not showing up at all? I would think it would at least show on like page 20 or something though, but it's not even there at all. She uses a lot of multi-keyword phrases like what i put here but even one of them are not showing even on the last page. Considering that it has PR3. I think there's something wrong with this. And by the way she never do any tactics yet such as social bookmarking, social networking, article submission, press release submission, directories and listing submission. She just focusing on forums posting and not doing other seo tactics. The reason behind this because she also has another site and concentrating on forum posting alone and she got shown it on google. The other website, she worked for it only for few months and now it is showing in google just doing forum posting alone and not other seo tactics. She's just thinking that if she made that site shown in google using forum tactics alone then why she can't be able to do it with her new site which is http://www.amoro.com with 2months of working using forum posting. Please give as a feedback regarding this. We need help and to find out what's really going on. Appreciate it much.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just checked Google and the site is indexed. And I also checked the site in question.
    And I noticed that none of these keywords can be seen in the homepage and even in the title tags.
    It was only visible on the Meta Tags, but we already know that Google doesn't use Meta Tags for search listings.
    Besides, your meta keywords tag have LOTS of keywords. Isn't that already over the allowable number of keywords? Plus, there are misspellings. Is it intentional?

I'm not really an expert on this so I think what I posted above is the reason why your friend is not ranking in search engines.
    So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

3. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have the time to do a review of the site at the moment, but a few 'general' comments.

Long tail phrases (or having modifiers with keywords) doesn't 'help getting indexed'. It helps those pages rank for those long tail search queries once a page has been indexed. You'll often find that being ranked highly for a long tail phrase with low volume actually sends more traffic than being ranked poorly for a popular keyword with far more volume of searches (and a related higher level of competition).

I've not looked at the site, but if GekiDan's comments are correct (the phrases are included in the keywords meta tag and not in elements such as titles, page copy, alt text, etc.) then it's of basically no benefit to her. It's a matter of getting those phrases onto the content that is actually indexed so that it has a chance to appear in a relevant SERP.

You also need to check if the specific page that a term is on is actually indexed. Just because the homepage is indexed, doesn't mean all or even any of the rest of the site will.

Even in 'less competitive' areas, such as long tail phrases, there is/can be a high level of competition. Glancing at the sample terms you mentioned, they all appear as terms that would occur naturally pretty often on websites and in a niche with a good few (quality) sites that she'll be competing against. Simply including them on a page, even if you optimise a page for that term, doesn't mean you will rank well for it. It's easier to rank well for it than it would be for a more general/popular term, but it's not a 'given'. Effort still needs to be made to build up the links, build up themes on the site, increase the relevance, etc. etc. etc.. She also needs to realise that focusing on forum posting (which is one of the most easily manipulated forms of link building and therefore treated as such by the search engines) for link building isn't enough, regardless of her previous experiences, and she needs to invest time and effort into other areas. Not being aware of her previous site, it's either in an extremely uncompetitive niche (very little competition) or else her forum posting managed to gain enough positive attention that a more organic form of linking occurred that helped her rankings.

In summary, there's nothing wrong with the SERP's, she just needs to carry out the basic SEO steps (onpage and offpage) that would be advised to any website.

4. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The website is beautiful -- congratulations!

Definitely run a spell check.

Have you actually done keyword research to see how many searches are done and how much competition there is on these keyword phrases you are targeting?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

firstchoicecar I'd suggest that your friend initially focus on targeting one keyword per page. For example, you say that "diamond engagement rings" is one of the keywords. I'd suggest the following;

1. Decide on the best page to optimize for that keyword. Perhaps it's http://www.amoro.com/Engagement
    2. Include that keyword in the content of that page, but without overdoing it or making it appear unnatural
    3. Include the keyword in H1 and H2 tags where appropriate
    4. Include it in the title tag of the page
    5. Include the keyword in the page URL, e.g. amoro.com/diamond_engagement_rings. If the page URL is changed, don't forget to fix the internal links
    6. Build links to the page, with the keyword as anchor text.

I'd agree that the site does look beautiful and very professional, with such a great site it is worth putting the time in to improve its SEO. Do you feel that kind of approach could work?

Good luck with it!

6. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see, but how can you be able to see if the site was indexed? Do you use tools for that? Please let me know so that i can explain it to her. With regards to title tags, meta tag i have no idea with it. I never do it before since I am just new to it and all my knowledge is limited :D, So I think this is another tactics that need to focus on my part. I will inform her about the mispelled keywords. Thanks.

I see, now i fully understand the difference from her previous site to this new one. Please suggest us a good tactics aside from those i mentioned to boost her page on SE aside from forum. :)

Thanks for that, but anyway according to her she never do any keyword research because they just think or guess those keywords. She just focus on the fact that "multi-keyword phrases" can help. So she never do any keyword research. but if ever, how do we go about that? How can we do a keyword research aside from the basic i know? So that i can suggest it to her.

Thank you for that Fergal, i will forward this thread to her so that she can fully understand.

7. Justin

Justin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The easiest way to see if your site is indexed is to go to google and type in site:www.amoro.com and it will show all the pages from your site that have been indexed.

For Keyword Research the easiest way to do it I think is to use the google adwords keyword tool. Just google for it or go to http://www.google.com/sktool/#keywords?site=www.amoro.com&q and it will show a lot of the relevant keywords and their search terms.

I would also look at googles webmaster tools and also add these two firefox addons seo-doctor and senseo, and see the results that it is giving. You can also look at http://aboutus.org who do a basic website audit which you might find useful.

With regards to changing the title tags and h1 tags it depends on what you used to create the site. However it should be relatively straightforward to do.

8. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use tools to tell you how many pages have been indexed in each of the major search engines (SEO for firefox is a good option) or you can simply search for the page (either by doing a "site:" query as mentioned above or by copy pasting a chunk of the text from that page to see if it shows in the results [assuming it's unique content, it should show up highly if indexed]).

If you have submitted an XML sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools, this will also tell you how many of the URLs have been indexed (while also assisting in the discovery of those URLs - it's won't guarantee crawling or indexing, but it can help).

If you glance through this forum, or do a quick search, you'll find numerous different tactics that can (or should) be used to assist, along with great information on how to actually do them to best effect.

It makes it difficult to help someone if they're not willing to follow the guidance. She appears to know all about keyword research and that she should be doing far more than just forum promotion, yet doesn't appear to be willing to do it. In that case, regardless of what we suggest, the site won't improve. She needs to be willing to do the work, and achieving good ranking is hard work, if she's going to get the results.

You might want to guide her to take a look at the featured sales and marketing - online promotion and SEO threads. It's a good start and lots of great information in there.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

firstchoicecar as discussed above you can see that the site is indexed in Google by doing a search for "site:http://www.amoro.com", you can view the results here on Google.

Google's Keyword Tool is excellent for keyword research, I use it all the time myself and it provides very helpful info.

I'd also recommend looking through the featured threads Paul linked you to and downloading Google's SEO Starter Guide.

Good luck with it.

10. sunnysbt

sunnysbt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some Suggestions :

(1) Title tag - no keywords is present in Title Tag, Make a title using your keywords
    (2) Meta Keyword not used by google becuase of spam, so not have any advantage of keyword stuffing there..
    (3) Their is not a need to use 301 redirect from this www.amoro.com to www.amoro.com/site/index.html, all your backlinks are mainly from www.amoro.com
    (4) Use a URl rewriting to links like this http://www.amoro.com/search-results?esMC=9
    (5) Make a Title and meta tags for every individual page

#10 sunnysbt, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  11. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Guys I've learned a lot from this thread. We will going to apply all your suggestion I know this will going to be a tough one for us considering that we threat ourselves as newbie on this matter. Step by step we will follow everything. Thank you for all the tools that you guys provided. Hopefully we can make it. I will also apply this to my own site. I know there are alot of problems with mine too. This will help us a lot. I will ask if we have encountered another problem. Thanks you guys. Appreciate it.:)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with it firstchoicecar, please do keep us updated on your progress and let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

13. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Fergal, apprecaite it. Once there was a progress or any problem we will going to post here, as well as the changes so that it will going to help others too. Thanks guys my friend already applying all your suggestions as of the moment. Thanks :)

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also tell your friend to join BAF so we could personally help him/her. :)

15. shoppingonline

shoppingonline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the site does look beautiful and very professional

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. The site does look beautiful and professional. But can you suggest something that could help the thread starter? On how can his site be included on Google Searches on his targeted keywords?