Nokia in the Mobile Phone Market Again?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by bburkeconsulting, Apr 21, 2015.

1. bburkeconsulting

bburkeconsulting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Last year, Microsoft acquired Nokia's mobile phone business, but now one of Nokia's remaining business units is considering a return to the mobile market in the near future.

Nokia Technologies possesses patents numbering in the thousands, and though Nokia was a very well liked brand years ago, returning to the market with the current level of competition would be both a risk and a significant challenge.

2. newwaysys

newwaysys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nokia could launch its own line of mobile devices again alongside Microsoft's own Nokia-branded feature phones . Six months after that, track landline number it could begin licensing its name to another manufacturer, meaning there could theoretically be three companies selling phones under the Nokia brand.

Currently, Networks is Nokia's biggest play in the technology field where they still maintain many patents, including 4G and 5G technologies, which they will continue to license and develop.

Finally, the Technologies division is where consumer-facing products could return in late 2016. However, Suri noted that although Nokia may license out their brand in the future, they are not considering a return to direct consumer handsets.visit: http://mobilenumbertrackr.com

3. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It may not believable to you but over here, we have lots of Nokia users, what I mean is the old phone that can handle text and voice calls only, not the smart phone that is in vogue today. My husband is one user of such. His reason is the ease of use for texting, his old model Nokia is very convenient since he can text with one hand only. Perhaps if Nokia will concentrate on that old phone model, it can give a good competition for those expensive smart phones.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think in the past everybody will have owned a Nokia at some point, that's how popular the brand was.

I'm sure they can make a comeback in the mobile market but how successful that will be is an issue. A lot of people these days like to stick to their own specific brand, so would people be willing to switch to a Nokia?

I'm not sure they would to be honest and nokia know this. They're going to have to come up with something special to even start to compete.

5. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nokia will never be the beast of 10-15 years ago, and hopefully that will be a warning signal to Apple. It seems like light years ago that we were all walking around with Nokia or Motorola phones and now we've all got Apple or Samsung. Whatever Nokia puts out now will be a bit more of a novelty device, unfortunately.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the main things I remember about Nokia phones was the battery life you got on them. You could charge the device on a Sunday and you'd still have 40% left the following Thursday!

That's definitely something you don't get with the modern smartphones these days. If they could come up with a new smartphone with that type of battery, I think a few people might actually consider it, especially for use as a business phone.

7. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The only thing that Nokia is guilty was not betting on the android market. They made sturdy phones. They were at the top of the mobile market in the early years. Not jumping on the android and touch screen bandwagon really crippled them. I hope that if they ever get back on the mobile scene that they continue to build sturdy phones. None of these bending iphone things.

8. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

I hope they get back onto the market and keep their sturdy phone standards. Heck, if I could throw my phone at a brick wall like their older Nokia phones, and have it still functional and not cracked, I would be so happy. :rolleyes:

9. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I miss Nokia. Its phones "smell" so reliable.

10. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What is actually the "smell" of a Nokia phone? I know they are reliable as hell but actually smelling reliable? Lol.

11. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

haha
    It's a metaphor. It means that the phones looks very reliable and tough.

12. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just waiting for Nokia back in market with their old market strategy to clear all brands reputation. There are many brands phone available in market & just Nokia isn't well doing in market because of their Window phone ! So let's just wait for Nokia with Android :)

13. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nokia with Android isn't going to happen though. It's Windows all the way for Nokia and with the forthcoming release of Windows 10, a platform which is mean to work seamlesly across all devices, excitement for the new phones is buiding up.

I think their mistake inthe past was going with Symbian as an operating system. I can't help but think their fortunes would have fared much better had they gone for Android in the first place.

14. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yeah, that windows partnership might just be the end of the line nokia. I don't think anybody would want to any smart phone with a windows os in them. Microsoft might just give some phones away as an add-on for windows 10.

15. StuartSpindlow12

StuartSpindlow12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nokia is one of the best phone in my opinion and I also use it.

16. William Hix

William Hix
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to have nokia phone before and for me it is no. 1 when it comes to navigation. Very user friendly.. I am happy to here that it is in the market again..

17. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was always a Nokia fan until the windows tie up but I am glad to read in the news that their contract is over and will start fresh next year. I can not wait to see android Nokia phones well that is what I heard lately.

18. jackkk123

jackkk123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi
    welcome to this forum site , here you can find lots of things , i suggest you , for your question you have to contact any other expert , right now i have no knowledge about your query sorry for that .
    -----------------
    Java Tutorial

19. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I miss Nokia too much But now Nokia is far behind other smartphone companies like Samsung, Apple. Even now Nokia can't beat them. Everyone is looking for Android, when they think of a new smartphone.

20. robertmiker

robertmiker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"NOKIA" such a fabulous brand which can't forget-able. I am a biggest fan of Nokia.