No Logo!

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Fergal, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You might have noticed, that I've removed the "Business Advice Forum" logo from the top of our forum.

Do you think that this helps the appearance of the forum?

Your feedback and suggestions would be most welcome.

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It kind of looks funny without the logo. Maybe it's because we're too used to having a logo that when it's taken out, it feels like something is amiss. Just as the saying goes, "You never miss the water till the well runs dry".

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback Nazreen. Do you think the forum looks better or worse without it?

Anyone else?

4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, I still prefer the one with the logo. Without the logo, the forum just looks to plain for me.

How about our other members? What's your opinion on this?

5. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A logo for branding purposes is a must really.

6. Webestrian

Webestrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Felgal - Plz put the logo back :)

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need a symbol for people to recognize you as it helps in mass appeal & also easy for people to recognize you just by your symbol,,,.~!!
    I have two examples in support of this --
    1- If you can see Nike , they have brand their image with just a symbol which is more like a crescent moon & people easily recognize it as NIKE..Nike don't have to use their name anywhere to get recognized , their symbol is just sufficient for them..You can call it a powerful brand image & consequence is a equally massive brand appeal...!!!!
    2-Here in India , not all people are literate as still it is developing country....So whenever elections are held ( they are now going on) to choose a new government, its a massive task for Election Commission to get people to vote as many of them are illiterate although overall literacy rate is above 60% ..SO parties desiring of participating in election are each issued a symbol for publicizing instead of through names, through which people recognize them and it also has a very powerful appeal yet at the same time convenient for both illiterate & literate person to recognize a party just by a seeing its symbol...For eg.. Two main parties here --NCP has Palm of hand as a symbol & BJP has a lotus as a symbol..!!!:)

#7 scifi, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  8. Webestrian

Webestrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice debate in favor of logo.Impressed.
    I fear,fergal is going to put 5 logos rather than one after this post..lol..:D:p

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'll do one of two things in the near future - either open up a competition to get a new logo designed or have a complete new theme designed for the forum.

10. omniserve

omniserve
    uix_expand uix_collapse

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for those suggestions Omniserve, there are some very nice free skins there. I've been looking at some paid skins over the last few days and in the main they haven't been as professional looking as some of those free ones, so those links are a great help.

12. wussa

wussa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A custom made skin a must if you look to shape this forum to its purpose. Not the forum fitting to the skin. Also a unique design helps in the forum's branding. Try out TFL there are some really talented designers there and the cost is affordable.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Wussa, I do plan on getting a custom built theme in the future. In the meantime, I've been testing a nice skin that I've found on vBulletin.org and will create a new thread to get feedback on it, shortly.