No iOS 6 for the iPad 1 - good or bad move?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by ZINC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ZINC

ZINC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So as some of you might know, Apple decided to not allow iPad 1 users to upgrade to iOS 6. I was wondering if you think this is a good move or a bad move on Apple's part? On my blog, I posted about it and many users got very annoyed. It was about 90% against Apple and the rest supporting Apple's move. Feel free to read some of their comments to get some people's opinions.

Being an owner of an iPad, I plan on leaving Apple at the end of this year. I think it's stupid that a device can become obsolete so quickly. I plan on buying Microsoft Surface Pro or whatever looks good on Windows 8.

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:frown: Apple is no different to Microsoft, they always ignore users. What could be the reason?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I sometimes feel the same way, but in reality they would probably not be as successful as they are if they ignored their users. They probably focus on the majority of their users and ignore the ones with special or customised requirements?

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the sake. I updated mine and the difference is that it don't have youtube video anymore. maybe they cancel partnership and probably the reason of rush update

5. hoobastank68

hoobastank68
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not a good move but then again most users are on the new ipad or ipad 2 by now.

6. williamluke01

williamluke01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's why i'm with ipad 3 or latest release on October 17,mini ipad. That 90% audience was right in that issue.