Nexus 4 Opinion

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Guitarhermit, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Guitarhermit

Guitarhermit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anybody here own a nexus 4? I just got one off the google play store about 2 days ago and was feeling really good about it...until I heard news of the new blackberry. Since they don't charge payment until it is shipped, I reckon I have 2 or 3 days to cancell my transaction if need be. Although I've read many reviews online, I was hoping from some thoughts from members of this forum.

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lucky you found it in stock. It has been unavailable all this while. Nexus 4 is a good device. Although i don't own it i have heard from people who do. Since you want to go for the BB10 if not for Nexus you need to device what is that you want. The Nexus runs on Android Jelly bean,the best OS so far. While the BB has its own OS which is still unknown as to how it would turn out to be. If you are comfortable with BB then probably you can wait to see or else you should not cancel the Nexus.

• Like Like x 1
  3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nexus 4 ..have been waiting for this since like ages..Real value for money with panoramic camera , gorilla glass, amazing android jelly beans ..preloaded with all google apps... Only it would been in CDMA, it would have been a dream come true so that gift one to my near ones tooo....

4. angelsharma

angelsharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i also don't have, waiting for it desperately.

5. Guitarhermit

Guitarhermit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's out in Germany, US and Canada atm (from Toronto here btw). You can get it at google play. As far as I know, it hasn't been sold out yet

6. Marc

Marc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wanted one around December but it was out of stock at the Play Store when I was ordering my stuff online.
    I refused to pay around $500 US from other retailers for the unlocked phone.

Anyway, it's currently back in stock. Might be out again in a couple of days because it sells pretty quickly.
    Btw - seriously...? BlackBerry 10... It's a major improvement to the previous BlackBerry operating systems, but I'm sure it'll cost an arm or a leg (I'm unaware about its price, btw - I'm just guessing).

I did read that there was an auction for the phone at eBay (or something) and its current bid is around $1,500 US or something. Crazy, >_>
    ...but that's when people wants to be one of the first to own product X, Y and Z.

• Like Like x 1
  7. newwaysys

newwaysys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sure the nexus 4 is awesome (wish my contract was up so I could ditch Verizon without wasting money), lucky phone number,but any review that thrashes the gnex's camera without mentioning glaring compromises on the nexus 4 such as 16gb max storage with no sd card slot and no replaceable battery is pretty much a write off in my opinion. Does the nexus 4 have zero shutter lag? If not, the cameras are just not comparable.
    Regardless of whether or not the back is Gorilla Glass 2, the main culprit for scratches on any glass (including Gorilla Glass) is quartz sand. Since the back is the part that is usually facing down whenever you set it down on something, unless you thoroughly clean every surface you set your phone on, you WILL get scratches on the back without a screen protector or a case/bumper. Probably sooner, rather than later.

You can rub a screwdriver, keys, coins, knives, or whatever other metal object all over the screen all you want without doing a hint of damage, but if you rub it with just a single grain of sand, game over.visit: http://mobilenumbertrackr.com

8. iikmindia

iikmindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nexus 4 is very good smart Phone.

9. GrowBinary

GrowBinary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many new phones are coming in the markets and we have to see what are their features before using them :)