Newspaper/Radio/TV Promotions of your websites

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by GekiDan, Feb 13, 2013.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you ever tried promoting your websites on newspapers, or in radio and television?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never yet. Must be expensive to promote in tv within seconds. :$$: I have however promoted a radio station in my site.

Welcome back :D

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How's the response of the listeners?

Thanks. Got some free time and decided to drop by. I missed this forum so much.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Readers you mean. I just mention them in a blogpost when I visited the station. The radio station by the way is also a bar which this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEEJAPT5AIA
    Got some friends invited me since I live nearby. There are two radio staions nearby maybe I can talk to them if I have a chance. Maybe it will be more worth to advertise to radios if there will be an event sponsored by my site.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By listeners, I had assumed that you get listener feedbacks from the radio station.

6. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think out of all these newspaper is a best way to promote websites because it is first of all not that costly as compared to television secondly it reach is very good so you can get your website a good exposure with less expenditure.

7. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on your targeted audience. If they are active listeners/readers/watchers of newspapers/radio/tv and you have big marketing budget than why not? Any properly done marketing campaign is profitable

8. spyindiaa

spyindiaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to share even a single add in tv is very expensive if some hit tv serial is on the tv then the add cost 1 to 2 Lakhs(in india) or even more for one minutes, and promotions on radio is little bit less expensive....

9. surge

surge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is very expensive and you cannot be sure of the results, since people on TV, Radio and Newspaper are not right on computer so they may even forget your website. So unless you are really a big company with a lot of budget and a high frequency of running ads on these media, it won't be of much help. I think those medias are mostly to build a brand and awareness about the product.

10. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally think this kind of Media Advertisement will be effective But expensive too. But you must have a quality and unique advertisement for your business to compete with similar business companies.

11. Brad Young

Brad Young
    uix_expand uix_collapse

TV ad placement costs are astronomical. Unless you work for a huge brand then in my opinion it's not worth using what will most likely be the entire of your marketing budget on a small run of 30 second ads. Print ads are more effective, but you need to pick the publication which is most relevant to your audience, rather than the newspaper with the largest circulation and readership. It can be hard to measure the impact of this kind of ad - perhaps you could include a coupon or discount code that is unique to that specific ad. Then you will have a better idea of ROI and will know if it is worth repeating.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never tried this method for promoting the websites with these methods like newspaper, radio, tv. These are the expensive methods as compared to the other methods. ;););););););)