New Website - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by KBoo, Sep 26, 2012.

1. KBoo

KBoo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

I've just made a new website for my business and re-branded completely.

Does anybody have any thoughts/advice etc?

Thanks

Admin Edit, site link: http://www.catch-my-drift.co.uk/

#1 KBoo, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
  2. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd use a simpler background. The current one, while nice, is a bit distracting.

Other than that it's not bad in my opinion, maybe shrink the facebook/twitter logos so they aren't stretched. The company name itself was a bit confusing though as I was expecting an automotive modification company. I understand the name probably comes from catching a drifting ballon but I'm betting if you go down the street and ask people what they think a company called "Catch My Drift" does they won't say party supplies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with the great points made by PS9 and add a couple of other suggestions below;

• The "|" between the words underneath your logo, give the impression that those words are part of a navigation menu. I expected to be able to click those words. Perhaps you can style that text in such a way that it appears to be like a slogan, rather than a navigation menu.
    • Reducing the vertical space between the logo and your navigation menu, would ensure that more of your content is above the fold. Increasing the width of your main content area would have the same effect and it would also help avoid the distraction of the background, mentioned by PS9.
    • The photos on your site are good, and they are probably the firs elements that give a clear indication of what your site is really about. I agree with PS9, regarding the site name.

Good luck with it.

4. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi...

My own view is that it looks like a good home made site rather than one that has been professionally designed.

However, I ran it through hub spot website grader and it scored a creditable 36 - http://marketing.grader.com/site/www.catch-my-drift.co.uk - you may want to check the report and follow some of the recommendations.

Good luck with the site...

M.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Site is nice you need to just change background and make navigation highlighted since at first look it looks like a simple blog.

6. angeliawilliams

angeliawilliams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website is nice, simple and working well. I also think to change the background image of your website because it not match to your business and whole website design. So go ahead and change it for better look.

7. EricB

EricB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the general consensus is the background makes it a little difficult to read some of the text. Also, you may want to consider adding an about us to the page to make it a bit more personal. Have you considered using wordpress to create your site. It fairly easy to use and you can make a pretty nice looking site with it. Best of luck!

8. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with EricB, the background is making harder to read the texts of the website.
    As everybody has mentioned most of the problems in your site, my only suggestion is to remove the border of the pictures, I don't think it is necessary also you can make the images clickable(which enlarge the pictures).

9. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems like really nice site, didn't have much time to go into full detail but i think the only thing that can use improving is the design. Ut aside from that it looks great!

Typed from a Ipad

10. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice site look and design like a balloon. Colors are light while this is all about balloon services etc then colors must be sharp.

11. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love the name of the website. Good domain, too.
    The background is a little too dull and 90's looking. I'd change it or brighten it up.
    Maybe instead of a grey navigation menu you could make it black. It would look a lot better.

12. jdab

jdab
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I recommend altering the Facebook and Twitter icons; they look distorted.

13. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, the Twitter and Facebook icons are noticeably altered. They're not nice at all.

14. KBoo

KBoo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks all

15. Natcoweb

Natcoweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Twitter is good, use it.

16. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not off to a bad start. Here are some things I think could use a little help:

- The Social Media Icons have a bit of white around the edges. They could be cleaned up a bit. In photoshop, remove the white background and save it as a .png file so that just the blue are is showing.
    - The images all over the site seem to be randomly placed. I would maybe organize those better. I do like that they all have the same black border, shows consistency.
    - I agree with the others on the background. If you do stick with that pattern, I would lighten it up a bit.
    - The Home Page link on the Blog page doesn't seem to be working.

I would suggest maybe switching over to WordPress. There are a ton of beautiful themes you can get for free or purchase for a small price that save you the trouble of alignment, matching colors/patterns. Not to mention the ridiculous amounts of plug-ins that are available to offer almost every function you can think of. Its very easy to install and manage your website's look and feel. Good luck!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. hatdivi

hatdivi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

php website is best for new website create..

18. juliya

juliya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have go through site it was good but very difficult to read the text because of background it make harder to read .It is important to consider websites from all relevant points of view. Websites should have great design and be visually appealing, but more importantly it is a digital representation of you or your business that integrates technical aspects like: user experience, conversion paths, search engine optimization, loading time, sales facilitation, brand awareness, & more.Looking for a way to effectively run a product demo or put together corporate training material.

19. brock

brock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi
    this is brock
    Me thinks that You have to create your account on Facebook, twitter, Google plus etc
    for promoting your website page

20. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want some more structured feedback try using Hubspot website grader - it gives lots of advice on content, visibility, etc... M.