New website, suggestions to generate traffic...

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ryanpasco, Dec 2, 2010.

1. ryanpasco

ryanpasco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my industry companies are spending 40k+ a month on internet advertising...

we have yet to really push internet advertising. We just launched a new site and are looking to start doing this. Im expirimenting with google adwords and facebook ads but it seems in order to get a #1-#3 spot for any of my keywords it will cost 12$ a click which is just crazy.

what we do is provide cash advances and unsecured loans to businesses. and we are doing great we are one of the largest offices in the US... and we did it all without real internet marketing... but that is something i want to start now...

Any advice would really help out a lot...

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum ryanpasco, thanks for joining and posting. Just to clarify, are you looking for suggestions to improve the search engine rankings for bankcardalliance.com?

If so, have you done any search engine optimization to date?

Is the site built with Flash?

3. simpson

simpson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Suggest me please

One thing i'm curious to know about what type of link building does actually helpful for the seo of my website, and how much times we do it for the site top existence. If you could suggest me something on this topic then please, I'm wondering for that.

4. rankingchannel

rankingchannel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Ryan! I think you see that trend with established companies today. I think one of the main reasons why businesses tend to stay away from SEO as much as possible is a combination of not fully understanding what it is and what it can do, but also because whatever they have been doing up until this point has worked for them and they don't want to change that, which is 100% reasonable right? However, I've had the fortunate opportunity to oversee a lot of startup websites that have taken off over the years due to the web and the unfortunate truth is that these websites are more well-known than any business I can imagine.

So long winded answer for a short question...I think it's never too late to start getting yourself involved with internet marketing primarily because paying $12 a click is absolutely insane and it is an excellent opportunity to leverage the power of the internet to really build your brand well.

The short answer is that there are TONS of different link building techniques that will provide benefit to the overall SEO that you perform on your site. I guess you can think of SEO as 3 part system. On-Page SEO, Site Architecture, and Link Building. The first two parts are primarily focused on tailoring your website to be relevant for your desired keywords and topics. Link building is what actually gets your rankings to increase in the search engines. With that said, a few of them that you may have read elsewhere would be: blog commenting, forum posting, social bookmarking, writing articles, etc.

If you can imagine link building to represent a triangle divided into 3 sections, the techniques that I just mentioned above would fall into the lower portion of the triangle. The mid portion of the triangle would be editorial stuff that you produce such as articles, guest blog posts, etc. The upper tip of the triangle would be links that you got from link bait or on a high PR site. I can't go into detail and reveal the techniques that I teach in my SEO subscription service simply because it wouldn't be fair to my members right? :)

Hope that helps!

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

simpson you will get a much better answer to your question if you start a new thread and include some details on your site, especially your site's URL, although we do understand if you'd prefer not post that.

In the meantime you might find this thread helpful - Can someone share some link building tips?

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with rankingchannel that there are three basic steps to SEO, but would diagree slightly on the steps. The three steps should be Keyword Analysis, On-Page Optimization, and Strategic Inbound Linking.
    Your first step is to determine what keywords to go after that would bring you the most new clients. You can use Google's Keyword Tool and/or Traffic Estimator to get some ideas. I took a look at the three phrases in your Title Tag, and found the estimated daily cost would be about $1200. The most expensive was "unsecured loans", which cost a little over $1000/ day. That one phrase by itself would cost $30,000/ month! However, you might get consumers clicking on it as well, which you would have to pay for in Adwords. Although you wouldn't have a per click cost for an organic ranking, you would also have consumers clicking that as well, so "unsecured business loans" might be a better phrase.
    On-Page Optimization brings up Fergal's comment about Flash. Google's bots and spiders cannot read Flash, so the more you have, the worse it is for your ranking.
    Strategic Inbound Linking means exactly what it says. Make sure that you are getting links from reputable sites, not just from anywhere. You definitely don't want to buy links in bulk - they do nothing for you.
    If you'd like more specific information PM me with an email address and I'll send it to you.

7. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to increase site traffic, you’ve got to write content. People will not visit your site if you don’t write a decent amount of good quality content, and new visitors definitely won’t come back. So keep writing great posts! People love a blog whose owner is interactive and thoughtful, an owner who gets back quickly with response to their comments and emails.

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is really a tough and steady work you have to be very patient results do not generate over a night. So do not panic if for sometime you do not see your site on the above ranks. The best and effective techniques are article submissions, link exchange after that blog commenting, forum posting, bookmarks have a large impact.

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per mentioned that your company is one of the largest offices in the US, then i will suggest you use banner advertising. Your budget is good enough to spend on those forum or website about cash advances and unsecured loans (maybe you can just advertise on those site listed at good SERP). Forget about adwords, your niche is very high pay niche, better go for space rental.

On the other hand, you might consider affiliate programs as well. You just need to pay when you get sales

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

ryanpasco:

I did some more research on keywords for you, and found that "unsecured business loans" gets about 4,880 cpm, at a cost of $8.36/ click, "unsecured cash loan" gets 1,775 cpm at $7.70/click, "business cash advance" gets 3,253 cpm at $10.66, and "business cash advances" gets 1,405 cpm at $13.59/click. Multiply that out, and ad it up, and it comes to $108,235.23/month! The good news, sort of, is that even if you reached #1, #2 or #3 for a sponsored ad, you'll only get 14% - 15% of the total visitors, which reduces your monthly cost to about $16,200. Still that's only four phrases, so $40k/month is not as crazy as it sounds, as long as you make more than you spend. On the other hand, the organic rankings get 85% - 86% of the total clicks, and you don't have to pay for each click. So, even if you decided to have it done professionally, you could get a high ranking for close to half of the $16,200 it would cost for pay-per-click. And, if you don't go for all highly competitive phrases, it might cost less than half. That's just a guesstimate though so don't quote me. Keep in mind, any one who does this professionally would have to do a comprehensive keyword analysis, and the cost would depend on how many phrases they pursue, and the competitiveness of the chosen phrases. If you decide to go this way, don't go with a "guaranteed" service, because they are more likely to pursue the easiest, least competitive phrases, which won't help you at all. You do, however, want to choose someone who knows what they are doing, and has your best interests in mind.
    Now, what about the site itself. I had a preliminary analysis of your homepage done, and your site got a score of 63.44 out of 100. One of the problems found was that your homepage is a "dangling" webpage. Basically, this means that there is nowhere to go once a visitor gets to your homepage. When I visited your site, I found that your homepage is a "slideshow", and phrases that would normally link to another page instead change the "slide". Although this may look cool to visitors, it means nothing to the search engines.
    I checked out some of the pages that are on page 1 for the phrases mentioned above, and none of them do what you did. Instead, they have what Henry_Jakson suggested in his post - content. Also they have links to other pages that also have relevant content.
    The above may not be what you wanted to hear, but if you really want to be highly ranked on the search engines, you need to make your website search-engine friendly, as well as user-friendly. To repeat something I mentioned earlier, you need someone who has your best interests in mind. If I can be of any further assistance, don't hesitate to let me know.

#10 Joseph.Shivell, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  11. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword research! With larger budget clients I always advise PPC in tandem with SEO. Bid on phrases you aren't ranking for organically yet. Hire a good SEM/SEO consultant.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That is also a good way to research the effectiveness of certain keyword phrases to see if they will convert, before investing in the SEO required to rank highly for them. There's little to be gained from ranking highly for a search term, if that search term doesn't convert for you.