New Website For Small, Home & Start-up Business Owners

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by startupbrite, Sep 4, 2012.

1. startupbrite

startupbrite
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please review (and if you like) sign up for my website. What do you think,... is it useful to new business owners?

www.startupbrite.com

2. anurocked

anurocked
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice website

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

And? What is it about the site that makes it nice?

The site is very well designed and I like the color combinations, but I do have two comments. Of the 4 companies that have signed up, two of them are your own companies. And, who is the supporter? There is no way to view them.
    Second, I clicked on the "Company Directory", thinking it was a directory of your own company, and found the listing of categories for the start-up companies that you are helping. You should have an "About Us" page that describes who you are, where you came from, and why companies should use your services. And while we are on the subject of a directory, do you really need one with only two clients?

BTW, in spite f my comment above, I do agree with anurocked, it is a nice site.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fjfe

fjfe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just curious why you dont have all States in the drop down. You only have a select few States/Regions.

Thanks.

5. startupbrite

startupbrite
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the compliment.

I am using this website also for myself. I believe in building websites that not only everyone else can use by myself also. I am still metering and quality testing the website while live. BTW, I am the supporter for now but will open it up to others as I complete my quality testing. This website once honed will be a great website for people that have small or home business and want to get the word out seamlessly and hoping gather a following that they can gain business from.

I only added certain metro areas so that I can monitor the users needs. States like Montana, South Dakota or Delaware may never be used (no offense) so I am trying to gain a better understanding of the user base as I go. If you want to request a new metro are please email [email protected]

6. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is a nice site with a nice idea behind it. I think if you keep the good work up it will take off and be a ultimate resource for other business and future customers.

7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

startupbrite, it is a nice looking site but I don't understand what its main function is. It looks like it is just another business directory like Dex or thousands of other directories. What makes it different?

8. EricB

EricB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Business Attorney, it's a nice looking site, but I don't understand the main function of the site either. Is it a company directory list which you can offer some services to?

9. startupbrite

startupbrite
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What Makes It Special

What is going to set this website apart from others is the commonality that all users will share, new businesses looking to gain a web presence. There are many companies that have been in business for decades but have little or no web presence.

This website will be not only a listing site but a resource for new business (as well as existing) to learn how to grow their company via the web, print & video media (DVD) and StartUpBrite will give these users a low cost option of supplying these materials while providing video tutorials and on-going support.

10. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems to be a wonderful and useful site. New business owners are very much benefited by adding their business in this site. Really nice move.

11. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems like a very professional site that could help many businesses help grow. So I think if you keep working hard it will be a big hit sooner then later.