New to the forum and need some advice

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by truitt661, Aug 4, 2014.

1. truitt661

truitt661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just started my online business on Feb. of this year. I think I am doing a great job on my own but there are times when help is needed especially when you are trying to do it yourself.

A few months ago I contacted a mentor who was willing to help me with my business to become successful. We talked for a few minutes and into the relationship he asked me what is so different about your business and the other business that offer the same thing you have to offer. In other words, we would someone buy from you and not your competitor. For some reason this was something that I wasn't aware of going into business. I have been holding off on it trying to come up with a good value proposition for my business to get a better understanding of what I am doing here.

Do anyone else have value proposition for your business and how did you come to the conclusion that this is the right value proposition for my business?

I know that this is not just for your business purpose, but it also allow you to reach out to your target market that why I think this is important for me before I decide to move on.

2. Fate

Fate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This a very important requirement for any business. You need to ask yourself what is you do best or you can ask your existing clients what they like about you and why they chose you over others.

Was it for price or quality you'll get your answer.

3. truitt661

truitt661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for the input Fate. I really don't have enough existing clients to ask that question about my business. I do know that I want guys to feel more comfortable about themselves by wearing underwear's. But this would be something to go off of once I have more customers.

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are 2 ways for you to experiment on it:
    1. Free trials. You can allot a few of your products to be freely given to customers for them to try it out.
    2. Discounted price. You can offer your products at a very low price at the start, or discounted price.

By this, you could see how customers would need or would buy your products.

5. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the first question you should ask yourself before starting a business "Why would people buy from you and not from the competitor". The answer to this question will help to come up with more idea and to target your audience.

6. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometime even you are not better than your competitors, then also you can sell at-least if you are worthy equivalent to them and it all depends on the nature of business you are into. There are many factors that may drive more people to you some of them are, but not limited to your way of representation, timely support, cheaper cost, better location, brand value, experience and many more...