New things you want to learn when you have time

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Corzhens, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had enrolled once in a soap-making workshop and had paid the fee. Unfortunately, the schedule got in conflict with my work assignment so I had to forgo with that workshop. I was thinking of making soap with nice scents that I would give away to colleagues as my Christmas gift. Until now, I am still trying to find time although I guess that workshop is not being offered anymore.

2. prakash

prakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i want to learn driving and swimming, i am planning it for long time, hopefully soon i must learn that

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There will be time in the future, if not now, for another opportunity at the soap making class. There are many classes I would like to take, and techniques I would enjoy learning, but right now, my focus is elsewhere. I'm sure at some point, I will be able to do those things, but there isn't enough money or time right now. I started to teach myself weaving, but had to set it aside, and I'd rather not start things here and there, but will wait until I have the time to dedicate to them, and follow them through to fruition.

4. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to learn to speak Polish. There are many Poles coming to live in my part of the country, for work, and I think it would be a real boost to my CV (or resume) to be able to say that I am able to converse with them. Polish is fast becoming the UK's second most-spoken language and I can see several benefits to learning.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doc Moose

Doc Moose
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been wanting to learn website design and programming for a long time already. In fact, I bought an online course for it a couple of years ago. I began to study but cannot finish because my time was required in other endeavors. I hope one of these days, I will find a time to complete the course and begin practicing the trade.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would you believe that I learned how to swim in just one minute? My mentor is my husband and since I look up to him as a very intelligent person so I would follow his instructions. He asked me to submerge my head and look at what he would do. What he did was float in water and it was easy to imitate. I just have to think that I were a frog. That did it. In no time at all, I was floating by myself. When I got the confidence after some minutes of floating, he taught me the backstroke. That was a piece of cake. But mind you, that's the only style of swimming I know - the back stroke, hahahaaa.

7. Doc Moose

Doc Moose
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Driving is very easy to learn. The only thing that you need some tutorial is how to do some parking especially in crowded places where there are many vehicles. As for swimming, you can start by letting your friend hold your chin up above the water while you flap your hands and feet in the water. You do this on a regular basis until you begin to float on your own. And then, it's time to jump on a deeper portion of the pool and see how it goes.

8. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to learn how to cook the right way. I am squeezing a few minutes whenever I can to read or watch a tutorial. I then try to apply what it is that I have learned the following day. My family is always there to support me and I do receive useful feedback from each member.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've always wanted to learn how to speak a couple more different languages. At the moment I can speak, German and Spanish aswell as English of course, but if I ever get time I'll definitely try and learn a few more.

10. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cooking is also in my list. When I retire from work, I imagine myself doing the cooking in the kitchen. And not only dishes for meals, I also want to learn baking so I can provide fresh bread to my family regularly. We actually bought a new cooking range last year that has a large oven that can fit a turkey (although we do not cook turkeys here). The cassava cake that we baked last week was pretty good and it is very convenient with the oven. Right now, I am collecting recipes of special food because that's my dream - to be cooking special dishes.

11. SpikeTheLobster

SpikeTheLobster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, boy. The list would be way, way too long and I'd miss a ton of things. For starters, I'd like to learn to read music, play piano, play the guitar, speak Japanese, ride a motorbike, sail, more php, survive in the wilderness, bake, sew clothes, ballroom dance, draw cartoons, design interiors, plan buildings, understand quantum physics, create believable characters in fiction, write realistic dialogue, understand animal behaviour, the artistic side of WP theme design, UI design, proper archery, swordfighting (as opposed to fencing), fly a helicopter... and that's all just for starters. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. SF Best Limousine

SF Best Limousine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to learn to speak Spanish so that I will have no difficulties in communicating Spanish speaking clients..

13. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I speak a little Polish. It would be great if I was totally fluent in it. My family heritage is Polish.

I also speak a little bit of French and Spanish. I wish I could speak them fluently as well as German. All of those are on my "someday" list. Deep down I think they are probably on my "never gonna do it" list. But it would be nice.

14. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Probably the next thing I will attempt to learn is Spanish as we are moving this autumn to spend our winters their, meanwhile !'m learning new techniques to grow my business - I just love learning!!

15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would absolutely love to enroll in a culinary class. I have never been a good cook, all I could do is fry, and I don't want to feed my future family every "fried" food in the world. That's why I am pretty interested to learn how to cook. :)

16. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This reminds me that I need to learn Vietnamese no matter how little because we are going to Vietnam this September. From what I know, there are very few Vietnamese who know English so communication may be a big problem. I had experienced this before when we were in Bangkok, it was too difficult to ask directions because once they hear me speak, they shy away as if they are scared of English.

17. anorexorcist

anorexorcist
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would really like to learn a language, I currently speak Spanish and English but I'd like to learn Japanese and German, I love the way they sound and someday I would like to go to those countries, and it would be nice to know at least a little bit of their language.

18. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to learn old-school advertising and publicity, I believe this will help me a lot with modern Internet marketing techniques as it seems the world has forgotten that most of the online activities of today come from old-time brick-and-mortar based activities.

Aside of it, I would like to learn German seriously; I have some basic knowledge and can write or read a bit of it, but I'm far from a fluid writing or conversational level.

19. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can see the passion in there and maybe you can make a decent earning from your cooking. If you are into collecting recipes of special food you could start from there and make your own small restaurant serving these dishes that you have tried, tested and collected. I think I want to take that route someday

20. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've always had an interest in art and from time to time I actually sketch something. Though I've always wanted to be a better artist there isn't enough time to learn art from the pros online. I've seen many courses, articles and video tutorials and bookmarked them anyway. Maybe some day when I have the time, I'll be able to improve my drawing skills.

Since there aren't too many artists in my home town I guess I could make some decent cash as a portrait artist.