New Theme

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Fergal, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Following requests and suggestions from many members I've installed a new theme on Business Advice Forum - Simple Blue Pro by Mad Mikey.

If you don't see the new theme scroll down to the bottom left of the page and Select "SimpleBlue Pro" from the drop down list. (If you prefer the default theme, select "Default" from the drop down list, and you can continue to view the forum the way we were.)

You also have the option to select "SimpleBlue_800x600" if you prefer 800x600 screen resolution.

What do you think of the new theme, do you like it?

Please let me know of any bugs or glitches you find. One thing I've noticed is that the "Thanks" button is not displaying at the bottom of every post.

Thanks!

#1 Fergal, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  2. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

new theme is good it would be more better if it had logo instead of "business advice forum"

3. Webestrian

Webestrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same here.Nice theme but the logo can be much better :)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've also added a "SimpleBlue_800x600" theme if you prefer 800x600 screen resolution.

Thanks for your feedback, I will take that on board and look at options for our logo.

Anyone else?

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The new theme does really look cool. As for the logo, I also agree that it also needs some doing. Yes the "Thanks" button is not showing. No bugs/defects so far but will let you know if I discover any.

By the way, wouldn't the top links be better if the font are a bit thicker? How about other themes for other colours aside from blue? Some members might like other livelier colours like red or green.

6. wussa

wussa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The new theme is an upgrade certainly and love the buttons which looks web 2.0 style. However this theme has something I don't really prefer personally where the menu item is sliced making it a bit not user friendly. Also as above would prefer a nice logo which represents BAF's purpose and a simple favicon would be great to match it too. The default vb favicon is becoming to in common. Cheers :)
    Wussa

7. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The thanks button is not appearing because it is not in the buttons folder of the new theme.

The theme is good, but as its not custom, you might see other forums using it and thats not a good thing.

8. Mikey

Mikey
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Designer

Hey there, I'm the designer of this skin, glad to see you're using it.

Just to clear a few things up;

The thanks button is not appearing because it is incorrectly named, if you'll look at: businessadviceforum.com/simpleblue/buttons/thanks.gif, you'll see it's there.

Secondly, just because it isn't custom doesn't mean that it isn't good, or un-unique, there are thousands of free skins out there, so the chances are slim of you running into another site running the same skin.

Didn't sign up just to reply to this thread, just to say thanks for the comments and that I'm glad you're using it.

Board looks good :)

9. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry, i didnt mean that Mikey, it looks good, we all agreed on that, I was talking about something else :)

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments.

Thanks Nazreen, I'll see what I can do with those suggestions.

Sorry Wussa, I'm not sure that I fully understand what you mean by that, could you please explain it a little more.

Thanks for joining and posting Mikey, I'll get that button sorted out. I really appreciate your help with getting this skin up and running here on BAF. You were prepared to provide more help and support than many people I purchased products from and paid good money for.

I hope this theme does very well for you.

11. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know you're always a guy looking forward for everything in clean state. So, this new theme is as clean as you aspect to be. Better than previous version, and looks very bright now!

Good efforts with the design. As simple as the best!

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

BAF looks like completely changed. The new design is cool. It's making BAF look stylish. That was I talking about changes is good with time. Nice design anyways. I will looking forward to the BAF Logo.

13. flashgordonweb

flashgordonweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, I like the new theme. It is bright, clean, and easy to read/navigate. Way to go!

14. Webestrian

Webestrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While surfing the forum,noticed a few more things.So i would like to share them too.

1-Please change these default smiles and post icons.Some unique similes and post icons with special reference to business would work awesome for the forum.:)
    2-Thx button image is missing
    3-Different color for different user groups would be better and also show the legend bar at forum too :)
    4.Get a fevicon for the forum-it gives the forum a professional look :)

Cheerz :)

15. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the Business Advice Forum Mikey. Most of us liked the new theme and thanks for your support on that "Thanks button" issue. Glad to have you on board.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

"Thanks" button sorted - thanks to Mikey's help.

17. omniserve

omniserve
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,

Yep like the new design. Looks much smarter.

Regards

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks omniserve, glad you like it, onwards and upwards.