New SumoMe Welcome Mat - Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Rockpapercopy, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Rockpapercopy

Rockpapercopy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Aaaaaaarrrrggghhh!

I really really, really don't like anything that hijacks my viewing experience. So seeing the yellow sign up thing, push notifications, refer and win, cookie consent and sticky SM icons would put me off ever visiting your site again.

Maybe I'm not a typical visitor but it's all really intrusive. Sorry to be so negative but it wasn't a good UX for me.

3. WebMedic

WebMedic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The sliding popup was intrusive and annoying, the site looked much better when it first loaded vs when that thing dropped.. suddenly I felt like closing the tab

You might want to look into on-exit popups, available from OptINMonster for example (http://optinmonster.com/exit-intent-popup-examples/)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with both fisicx and WebMedic. The yellow page that covers up your website is intrusive. If this is supposed to be a "Welcome Mat", it doesn't do it's job. It should probably say "Go Away", because that's what most visitors will do. You should also stay way from pop-ups of any kind, because they get in the way of the visitor finding what they are looking for. At least the "refer and win" slider needs to be clicked on to open it, so it's not "in your face" the way other pop-ups would be, but the whole idea is unnecessary.
    I also have a question. Why would visitors looking for a website review need to know that you are an official Shopify partner?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rockpapercopy

Rockpapercopy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys, very constructive criticism, I'm gonna take it on board. Yes, I work with ecommerce websites, review websites for free and partnered with Shopify who hosts websites - I do not understand why the connection is unclear?

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

7. Rockpapercopy

Rockpapercopy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok, fair enough, I'll make sure to look into that and add some better structure

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

OK, but still got the horrible sumo-mat thing and stuff appearing on all four sides of the screen. Try looking at the site on your phone - the UX isn't good.