New Publisher and Writer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flashgordonweb, Nov 23, 2008.

1. flashgordonweb

flashgordonweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone. I'm new here (obviously) and thought I would introduce myself. I run a small publishing company (Bauu Institute and Press), as well as doing a fair amount of freelance writing. I've also got a couple blogs going, as well as a new databank and resource site (Indigenous Peoples Issues and Resources). I'm really working on branding my sites and making them known to the world.

Looking forward to contributing what I can and helping others out.

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome, flashgordonweb, nice to meet you! Sounds like you're keeping busy, that's great. :) Please do pop along to my site aimed at writers sometime if you're taking a break! You might find something to read there. :)

The new resource site sounds interesting, how's that coming along? Is it just for people indigenous to the US or are there more groups you're covering?

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the Business Advice Forum flashgordonweb. I thought at first that you might have been a kid or a anime/cartoon fanatic especially with that username. :)

Anyway, hope to see more of you in the forums.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Flashgordonweb and thanks for joining. It's great to have someone with your knowledge and experience here.

Please do let us know if we can be of assistance at any time.

5. flashgordonweb

flashgordonweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the warm welcome.

No, Kay, the resource site covers much more then just Native Americans. Ideally it will have information of use to all indigenous peoples around the world - I know, lofty goal but one that should keep me busy for some time. ;)

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't expect any tea breaks soon eh. :D I think that's a fantastic goal, good luck with that!

I looked at your link there. Wow, what an excellent site. I had to tear myself away before I got too immersed in it. I find different cultures fascinating. When I moved into this house at the beginning of the year the elderly couple had left behind piles of National Geographics and similar type magazines dating back as far as to the 60's. Every time I flip through them I wonder how many of the cultures and tribes mentioned still survive today and how much they've changed.

But I digress! Thanks for giving me a new bookmark to add. :D

#6 Kay, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  7. flashgordonweb

flashgordonweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep, no tea breaks in my future...

It's been a task to get the site looking decent, Joomla is not the easiest content management system. However, now I think I have a pretty good handle on it and am really starting to add the content and data.

8. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've had Joomla sites and my husband and I have built them for others too flashgordonweb so I know it pretty well from the admin side. Please just ask if you get stuck with anything and I'll do my best to help you. Joomla takes a lot of learning, but it's worth it in the end, trust me.

I like Joomla very much but at the start, it takes quite a bit to figure out. Because of that, I'm always willing to help anyone else so they don't need to spend as much time getting its functions under their belt as we did. :) Just shoot me an email anytime, it's in my profile.

#8 Kay, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  9. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome Flash!

BAF is a very nice community and I'm hopeful of learning something from you with writing.

Hoping to see you around. :)

Swastik