New Promotion forum?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Scarface_007, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi whats your opinion on new promotion forum? is it hard to compete or it still works?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hard to compete I say.
    One of the forum that's been established for years and almost all forum owners knew the best one which is owned by Fergal, the FP. There are few that exist today which has greatdomains but they are still struggling to develop it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thats the problem we are facing right now ownedbox, its hard to get new forum to succeed in any niche.

4. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

start some kinds of competition initially to get some posts in your forum like Fergal had did in his new forum adslotto.com
    run some referal contest i think this must help initially to setup

5. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

But thats short term options those users will come get paid and disapear, I wanted opinion on long terms, do you think new promotion forums can make it big?

6. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think once someone win will not disapear but try to win more I think winning is quite motivating I am here after 3 years because I have won something here so BAF will always be in my mind

7. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree i also love this place and i havent won a penny but still like it here, I'm in 2 minds to start a new forum or leave it, my tech forum is not working very well and thinking of selling that and starting new one and promotion forum is on top of my list.

8. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can promote your forum in different forums don't think too big initially it takes some time running a forum is bit difficult than running a site so follow the basic process try something interesting and I hope you will do well :)

9. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm trying to get domain and then start, no point sitting around it might work<><,, just quick question whats your experience with zetaboards? i like the layout but just not sure if it would be good for promotion forum.

10. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you shouldnt waste more money and time into one. Slowly, though seriously, people are realizing the fact that promotion forums are a hyped up category and are not bringing any real traffic. Even if that is the case, your traffic would be limited to just a few widely known members and they donot bring anything of quality. Moreover, i think you should start a forum for 'forums' where webmasters can discuss about forum administration. Ofcourse, if you want, you can give them space for prmotion too! But at the end, I think any more promotion forums on the block would soon go down :(

11. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also think the same in terms of forums. It's quite competitive these days for forum. It seems like holding contests is a most. Also, the main thing is that the Forum Admin needs to be friendly and helpful. Get the forum more secured and nicely designed. Hold some referral contest at first. And you should be aware that the referred members aren't fake or robots.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another big mistake that people make is that they bring out a posting contest and gives away attractive prizes. But at the end of the day, these webmasters donot understand that their activity declines after the contest and they need to have a 'ever-running contest' to stabilize the community :( This is, infact, one main reason why many communities fall out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you have alot of time then try it , because you need a really hard job for your forum advertisement for stand in promotion's forum row, i suggest you 1st make a group (round about 5-8 poeples) then try a new promotion forum,otherwise you can't run alone for long time,

14. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks all for the suggestions Now I'm stuck more then before, to be honest i dont like sitting like this without trying so have to think of something different.

15. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before you make any new forums, decide what happens to your current ones. Its not fair to make a community and then abandon it. Or else, if you have enough time to manage the two together, then make sure you think of the concept and give this a fair deal of thought.

16. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

This is the thing I'm stuck on and thanks for pointing it out Rocko, Initially I wanted to start promotion forum but decided to do tech instead as promotion like people mentioned here is over done but now I realized that even tech is over done and on tech its hard to get people to stick around... I have been struggling for regular members ever since I started it. I was thinking to sell this and then start the new one or maybe keep going with this not sure really, would appreciate your thoughts and others on this.

17. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is extremely wrong to expect people yo sign up and be active of your forum three days after you start it. The fact is, you must understand that developing a community that is worth joining requires fine planning, constant work and a lot of time and resources. It usually takes atleast a full year for your site (anyone's for that matter) to get going. you have the better choice of continuing to work on your present project rather than to sell this and start over with a new one which would ultimately have the same fate.

18. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I started this forum in late December but has not moved since and i felt I'm not doing any justice in keeping it running, I had few tips from people here earlier saying that this niche is not easy to discuss on you need to change it and well attract more members. But I now what you mean me, myself i joined forum promotion after 2 weeks of browsing as guest so i dont see a reason why people would join mine.

19. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Unless you have done this before, try first to develop one forum, make it big like its a busy one which may earn enough before developing one or you'll end up ones again thinking if it really is a good idea.

20. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The reason forums are failing is because they are owned by admins that know nothing on how to run a forum. They ban people left right and center. They barely have any knowledge. Which because of these people us experienced forum owners have a difficult time running a forum because no one will join a new forum these days unless there is a reason to which catches their eyes.

• Like Like x 1