New online fax service comparison site

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by leowelder, Mar 5, 2013.

1. leowelder

leowelder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All,

We've recently re-launched FindAFax.com. We're currently implementing a cleaner design for the left navigation, but the basic value proposition of the site is to allow users to quickly view comparisons for top online fax plans, view details about each of those plans, view all of the services by feature, filter the services by feature, and create custom comparisons.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll also post a comment when the new left nav is implemented (probably beginning of next week).

2. pandaa

pandaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey there!

Very nice start on a design, is that CSS3 based? Anyway, here are my tips.

1. Use more pages! The front page is a little long, why not put an About Us page in the header, and then a content page filled with why it's important? I understand that you need to lure people in, but if they're at your website, I think that's already been accomplished.
    2. When you click the minimize button on the Most Popular Fax Services category, why not have another deal pop in? There are some CSS effects that would make it look very sleek.
    3. The More Info button text doesn't match anything else on the site, and it immediately caught my eye. Why not make it match the other sizes?

I like where you're headed though. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. leowelder

leowelder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the feedback

Really appreciate the feedback. I'm actually not sure if it's CSS3 based. I own the company and know a little about scripting, but I didn't build the site myself. I know Zend Framework and JQuery were both used.

Re: your comments:
    1. We do have a link to AboutUs in the header. It's on the top right of the page. Are you not seeing that on the browser?
    2. If by "minimize" button you mean the little "-" button on the top right of each company in the grid, we're actually planning to get rid of those. They aren't really useful on the home page. That is a more useful function if you create your own custom comparison from the "view services by filter" page.
    3. Great to hear that the more info button is what caught your eye. Not sure I want to make it less "eye catching" by changing the size, but I might take advantage of the fact that that is what pops out to you as a user.

Thanks again!

4. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi leowelder,

1: look More nicer if you will putt some more space on Top Header, ( if you can add image logo it could be great)
    2: Catagaries Font on Left Side is bit bigger, Reduce Some Font Size, (below Recommended Plans)

Thanks,

5. rohitkumar

rohitkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi leowelder,
    You have designed in tactful manner second thing is you managed information in very good sequencing manner, About/pros/cons I never see it before your site, Really you have collect the information in graceful manner and each and every thing is very clearly managed.

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The header needs to be fixed. You need a good Logo, I see just the texts. I don't see much of the designing skills i your site. It looks simple and plain. It needs some work on designing.

7. StrivOlogy

StrivOlogy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are currently being charged $10 for 300 faxes. May have to switch over. :)

8. leowelder

leowelder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

StrivOlogy- I would definitely switch- just be careful if you try to port your number. If you originally got your number from your current fax provider, they may not let you port it out. Some companies (like eFax for example) will charge you $500 if you try to port your number out: http://www.efax.com/customer-agreement (see section titled "20. Rules Regarding eFax Numbers."). If, however, you originally ported your number into the fax provider from a previously owned phone line, they have to let you port it out.

All- we made some improvements to the left nav of the site. Would appreciate any more feedback you all may have.

Thanks!

9. Boby Smith

Boby Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have developed and tactfully second thing you managed information in a very good way of sequencing, O / advantages / disadvantages, I've never seen that before your site is really you have to collect information from an elegant way, and everything is very well managed.

10. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I‘ve never used this site,is the faxed documents received by it clear and quickly?