New Merchant account

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by libraryboy, Feb 20, 2013.

1. libraryboy

libraryboy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello. I am trying to change merchant accounts to save money on credit card fees. The new company I am interested in wants to see two or three bank statements. I am not sure why, maybe to see my activity. Is this a normal request? I can't remember this occurring with earlier companies I have dealt with.

Thanks!

2. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've never had to submit 3 bank statements for a merchant account but every case is different. Typically they want to verify account ownership.

Question. Are you using a personal bank account or a business bank account for your ACH deposits?

3. libraryboy

libraryboy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a business account separate from my personal. Thanks

4. spec

spec
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi libraryboy,

What is the name of new processing company?

5. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I'd just look elsewhere... I doubt their rates are so good that they can't be found somewhere else.

I had a similar issue with business checking; I went to Citi and they wanted to do an in person inspection of the business, come down and check everything out. I told them to buzz off and went to Chase which never questioned anything. I run a legit business so I got nothing to hide but I figure I need to trust my financial "partners" so they better trust me in return.

If a merchant account provider asked me for 2 or 3 bank statements I'd reply with I require the same information from them. Chances are they aren't going to like it and won't provide the information either.