Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rebelyell, May 3, 2009.

1. Rebelyell

Rebelyell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello. I wanted to introduce myself before I started asking a bunch of stupid questions. My name is Bill and I was recently laid off from a company that I had worked for since 1980....

#1 Rebelyell, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Bill I've moved the remainder of your post to here. You will get more advice and support on specific issues there.

Welcome to Business Advice Forum and thanks for joining. Sorry to hear that you have been made redundant. Losing your job is never nice, but hopefully it will lead on to greater opportunities.

Please feel free to share any questions or concerns you have with us and we will do our best to help. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts on our forums.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the Business Advice Forum Bill. Sorry to hear that you got laid off from your previous company. I'd also like to say good luck on your new business endeavor.

4. man2008

man2008
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Rebelyell!

Welcome to the world of Business Advice Forum. Sorry to hear that you have been laid off from the company which you served a long.

May be I can help you regarding it if you belong to any of the cities in US.

Our company is a staffing company, we are providing contract to hire positions all over US. Our clients includes the most famous Microsoft, Northrup Grunman, etc. If you are interested, please mail me your resume.:)

5. Rebelyell

Rebelyell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for moving my post to a more appropriate forum. Initially being laid off was a bit shocking. I was a salaried employee. A maintenance supervisor for one of the largest pulp and paper mills in the world. When I got the news I figured I could get angry and wallow in self pity or I could view this as a good development and get busy doing something productive and something I might even enjoy. I chose the latter. I appreciate the offer of assistance finding work ( and I may end up having to go in that direction) but at this point I want to see if I have what it takes to make it on my own.
    I am looking forward to being a member of this forum. I probably won't have a lot of good business advice but If it's ok I will try to post my progress and some of the things I have learned along the way.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Please do, everyones' views and opinions are valued and we all learn from each other :)