New face, old hand!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ProfitClinic, Aug 9, 2010.

1. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

G'day gang! :)

I'm John Counsel, from Melbourne, Australia. Inside my head I'm in my late teens and early 20s. Outside my head, I'm ooooooooold (just ask my nine grandkids!)

I've been running businesses since the 1960s. Big, small and micro. These days I work from home by choice, via the Internet.

I own and operate several businesses. My main business is The Profit Clinic, one of the oldest and most respected sources of fresh, innovative ideas, insights and information online. Altogether I have close to 100 web sites, for all kinds of products, services, training and fun.

I specialize in helping small and home-based business owners and direct sellers, online and offline. These groups are the REAL entrepreneurs of the world (in BIG business, everyone from the board of directors down is an employee!) and too much of the advice they're offered is from BIG business, which has very little of real value to offer true entrepreneurs.

I specialize in the really tough areas of business: selling more, to more people, more often, for more profit.

My newest venture is shown in my signature file: ListMagnets.com. You can download the FREE Insight Report to discover how to get started building your own lists faster, easier, better and smarter, even when you have no content to offer.

I'm a moderator on several forums and own several others. I find forums a great way to share, help and make useful contacts. And friends!

I look forward to learning and sharing with you, too. :)

John

2. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey friend ^_-

Welcome to BAF! Great introduction feel free to post around & start threads~

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi John and welcome to Business Advice Forum. :) Thanks for joining and I'll look forward to your posts. So how exactly do you manage to keep on top of 100 websites then?

4. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey welcome to the forum mate!

5. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Kay,

Short answer: I don't!

Longer answer: Some are relatively self-maintaining. Others need only occasional maintenance. Others just get neglected until someone nudges me.

I'm actually in the process of rationalizing the number of sites. Many domain names will soon point to the same site because they target niche markets, which are served from a central portal.

John

6. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi John, welcome to BAF, enjoy your stay and keep posting, have a nice daya head. :)

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi John, welcome to our business forum, thanks for joining and posting, it's great to meet you here. I'd love to hear more about the types of forums you own and moderate?

You have a lot of business interests and must be very good at time management and delegation :)

8. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :D

Fergal, my forums range from private and public family forums (by the way, the Counsel family migrated to Australia from County Louth in the 1830s -- my sister attended a family reunion in 2003 at the old Counsel family mound and cemetery) to business forums, all of them related to Fourth Generation Thinking™, my own intellectual property which can be applied to business, relationships, marketing, selling, etc.

I have a strict policy of not listing my forums in other people's forums (just basic good manners, really). Most of them tend to be targeted to specific audiences, too, so they vary widely in activity levels.

I'm also a moderator on several forums, although I've actually been cutting down on the number over the past couple of years. Since the arrival of my Tiny Trio of youngest grandchildren (numbers 7, 8 and 9), I no longer have as much time available for posting. (Who wants to post dreary old business stuff when you can play with little ones?) :D

[​IMG]

John

#8 ProfitClinic, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  9. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome again :) Experience & great advice is well needed so Im sure the community will benefit much from you. Thanks again for joining!

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's a small world John, you'll have to get over and trace your roots someday :) The grandchildren look great, I'm sure they are a bundle of fun, many congratulations.

11. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All done already, Fergal. My sister spends 6-12 months in the UK and Europe every 10 years or so researching family history for us. We've traced back to 1061 on my father's maternal line and the 900s on his paternal line. Interesting stuff. The first recorded use of the Counsel name was Ethelred Evil Counsel, the Saxon King of England, whose son or grandson married a Normal princess related directly to William, Duke of Normandy. Harold, the last Saxon king, was slain at the Battle of Hastings when William the Conqueror invaded (yep, a family squabble over claimed/disputed entitlements). William had a personal advisor named William Counsel. The family remained prominent until the Tudors, when they fled to Ireland to escape religious persecution and became prominent landowners in Co. Louth.

Most of what remained of the family emigrated to Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania) in the 1820s and 30s. Most of their progeny are now located on the mainland.

My father's maternal line goes back via the Stewart Kings of England and Scotland to Duncan MacDuff, first Thane of Fife, murdered by MacBeth (who was then promptly despatched by the family in payback, as dramatized by Shakespeare). The line became the Wemyss and Cook families.

My mother's lines, by contrast, are less auspicious and aristocratic. Her maternal lines come from Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, and many of the females were transported to Australia in the early 1800s as convicts. Smuggling, shipwrecking, etc seem to have been common family occupations. The husbands migrated to Australia to be near their wives and elected to stay on together after their sentences were served.

So it's a fascinating blend of backgrounds and, whenever anyone in the family becomes a little precious and puffed up, there's always someone ready to point out the skeletons in the closet. :D

Other interesting characters include Captain Jack Black, a schooner captain from England who plied the East Indies trade routes in the late 1700s and early 1800s and eloped with a Javanese princess. (My youngest daughter, 21, reflects this strand to some extent. This is her.)

John

12. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have the cutest grandchildren I've even seen, I really love to cuddle babies, welcome John. Enjoy being BAFer, see you around the forum. Cheers.

13. John1

John1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What a great introduction. It's hard to come a cross intro's like these now-a-days.

Welcome to BAF. I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to reading your posts around the board.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's quite a history John, there has obviously been a lot of research done on that. Your daughter looks stunning, I'm assuming she gets that from her Mum :)

15. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal,

Esther certainly doesn't get her looks from me -- just some genes in other directions. And yes, she takes most of her features from her mother, Lynne, whom you can meet here.

John

PS: Thanks again for all the welcome comments, everyone! :D

16. Scottypops

Scottypops
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay here at BAF.

17. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

G'day gang :)

I'm back again after a long absence battling various forms of cancer. Life has been interesting. :\

Our brood of grandchildren has grown since the previous photo. Here's the current crop, with #12 due in November 2014. :D

[​IMG]

Here's an older photo of the first 10 grandkids. The eldest, Isis, will be 23 this year (2014)

[​IMG]

18. yapsody

yapsody
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hii ProfitClinic, Welcome to BAF!! Keep Posting!!