New Entrepreneur Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mhorner, Sep 17, 2012.

1. mhorner

mhorner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been under employed for years and have come to the conclusion that rather than waiting for some company to hire me, I would create my own work. My passion is private investigations, which I've done for the past 6 years and I've always work for others, meaning P.I. firms. I've always been at their mercy and had to go where they said, when they said it, for the amount of money they wanted to pay me. Many times it's been on a part time basis.

About a year ago, with my mother, we started a maid service. I'm not crazy about the maid business, can't do the physical work myself, but do like running the business side. I'm here on this site because I still want to do something else on my own and the owning my own business bug has infected me to the point that I don't think or want to ever work for someone else again.

Glad to be here and want to learn and interact with others here.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome mhorner, I've already read some helpful posts from you and we are delighted to have you as a member here on BAF. Have you ever considered starting your own P.I. service?

3. maxlun

maxlun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to this forum my friend.

4. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, welcome. :) There a lot of newbies today.

5. manojagadi

manojagadi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

6. mhorner

mhorner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wanting to start my own Private Investiagtions Company

I'm interested in starting my own P.I. business, and I did have my own for 2 years or so. Instead of working completely on my own, I worked for other P.I. companies as an employee for many years, while maintaining my own company license. I got pulled into a P.I. company start up with people who really didn't have a realistic idea about what P.I.'s do. They needed me to qualify for a state license, which they couldn't get on their own. So they made me the qualified manager, but never really let me do anything because they really wanted me to be just a "figure head". I eventually left the company, but by the time I left, I had let my own P.I. company license expire. Now I don't really have the funds to even get the P.I. license again and maintain the monthly insurance. So my goal now is to find funding or raise the funds by doing something else, or even find a business partner.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Perhaps you could do some contract PI work for other companies, to help you save up the money you need for the licence? What country are you based in?