New e-business idea - "Outfit builder" module for online clothing stores.

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by adcooper, Apr 3, 2012.

1. adcooper

adcooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everybody!

Please, find a little time to leave your opinion about the following idea. We are planning to develop a new functional module for CS-Cart and/or Magento online stores - "Build your outfit" module. As far as we see it can be a great module for online clothing stores. It's only an idea so far, but if people support it, we will start working. Please, read all details and our vision here www.alt-team.com/new-idea-build-your-outfit-add-on.html

Every opinion will be valuable! Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same kind of idea has been implemented by online girls games websites where teen girls used to make over their favorite celebrities.
    Anyways the idea is great for the retail consumers. I have run the demo. Its working fine but I think it still needs some work that is I can change the color of accessories added to the outfit but how can I change the color schemes of the outfit itself?
    I am sorry if I am missing anything. I like the graphical user interface provided by polyvore [dot] com and hm [dot] com.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I like the sound of the idea adcooper, it is something that might prove useful to online clothing retailers. Have you done some research to see what competition exists for that type of service?

You might find this thread useful - Try Clothes On Over the Internet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. adcooper

adcooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bliss Elliosn, thanks for your reply! Demo is just a very rough example of Outfit builder module, it needs lots of work and it only shows that we have already implemented basic functionality for Outfit builder (this functionality is based on our Product designer addon which allows customers to personalize t-shirts, mugs, caps, bags, etc. with text, cliparts and images).

Fergal, thanks for the link! Zugara's idea is great and really unique. We are planning to make something more simple so that people could use it even if they don't have a webcam.

Waiting for more opinions!

5. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi adcooper,
    My pleasure. This is going to bring a revolution and healthy competition among the online clothing retail store as the buyers would be able to design their outfits online. Try to make the graphical user interfaces more user friendly.

Plus I'd say many best wishes for your project.

See you very soon on your web store.

• Like Like x 1
  6. adcooper

adcooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would appreciate more opinions!

7. adcooper

adcooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone!

I would like to let you know that the first basic version of "Build your outfit" tool is ready.
    More details and demo are available here.

It is a customizable solution that can be adjusted to your requirements. Also, this tool can be integrated not only to Magento or CS-Cart but to any other shopping cart platform.

Kind regards.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Congratulations on the release of your first version adcooper. I hope the launch is very successful for you.

9. piizami

piizami
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think i have seen something similar allready out there..

10. adcooper

adcooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you, Fergal! It is a really promising tool for us.

Hello piizami!
    The similar tool are used by many online stores but we didn't find a developing company that offer this tool for sale. That is why we came to an idea to develop such a tool and integrate it into any shopping cart system.

If you come across a developing company that offers a ready tool, I would be glad if you share it with me.

Kind regards!

• Like Like x 1