New CRM for small businesses

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by mybusinez.com, Jan 4, 2010.

1. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there,
    I am developing a new Business Manager CRM for small businesses based on a system that I use and find very very helpful and I was looking for some feedback from other people. I have a working proto-type at the moment but some features aren't working yet. I wonder could users here give me some feedback on the system.

Go here http://www.krmwebdesign.ie/pmsystem/ and use the login details below to browse around and test it's features.

Username: admin
    Password: password

Please let me know your feedback.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

mybusinez.com, the system appears quite user-friendly at first look. What are the main benefits that the system will offer to your clients?

What problems or issues will your clients be seeking help to resolve?

I added a task and it doesn't appear in the "View Tasks" list, perhaps I did something wrong?

Does the system provide a facility for prompts or alerts for tasks that need action.

3. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest this is a simple system I use myself but it works a lot better for me than paper or Outlook or the like. It works especially well when looking up my clients or getting back to people I had forgotten about and I've gotten work through this.

I started to work on it because I thought it could do more for what I am using it for. I would like to intergrate reports and connect all of the records together. So you could have a client - Notes associated w/ that client, marketing campaigns, bookmarks, meetings, tasks. Then adding income and expenditure which automatically updates your balance sheet. Adding invoices and receipts that you can easily print out or email to clients whilst keeping a copy.

I was planning on selling this to retailers but then started thinking about barcodes and e-pos systems so I think that retailers might need a more robust system. I think this system would work best for those who sell services perhaps.

I think prompts and email alerts would need to be programmed into this also. For instance users could set themselves a reminder for the following day so when they login they will get a prompt to do a certain task.

I also had an idea to build a database of clients that is open to all users of the software. So when users of the Business Manager sign up they can send solicited e-shots and perhaps newsletters to members in the database without being accused of sending spam or unwanted emails. I have this big idea about it and this is just one part of it.

I was thinking of building all of this into the existing www.Mybusinez.com

Thanks for the feedback as it helps me a lot.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could start by promoting the system to other webdesign, web services and graphic design businesses. The fact that you are in that business yourself, will give you a good understanding of their needs and requirements.

You might not want to rush in to offer and sell them something. A good approach would be to contact some of them, that you have had previous communication with, and ask if they would be kind enough to help you with some research. Ask them questions regarding what systems they are using at the moment, what are the strengths and weaknesses of those systems and what features they would like to see in a new system. They may also agree to sign up for a test account on your CRM system and provide you with feedback. Don't be afraid to ask, most business owners will be very happy to help someone out, who is exploring a new idea.

You might also look at the options of State support that are available for your business. Contacting your local City or County Enterprise Board would be a good start. Something else to consider would be the Enterprise Platform Programmes run in cooperation between Enterprise Ireland and the Institutes of Technology. I have experience with these support structures so please post back if you feel I can help you with these.

By the way, it's good to see that http://www.mybusinez.com/ is continuing to develop, I came across http://www.thegraphicsfactory.ie/ on your site this morning. They are based in my home town, but I hadn't heard of them before.

5. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for all your help and suggestions Fergal. I am planning to go to the County Enterprise Boards. A couple of friends of mine went to them and had a great experience so I think I'll give it a try.

Good to see that the site is doing it's job. I really need to do some more advertising to increase users but I want to make it worth users' while to register. I am planning to go around my local town when I get the chance and sign companies up left, right and centre. The more companies on there, the more people that are going to meet and perhaps I could stimulate the local economies as well as my business. Imagine searching for Graphic design companies in your local town and finding 10 that you never knew were there.

It could be a good idea to sort the 'companies' page by 'town', 'country' and 'business category' as well as alphabetically. My only concern is that some companies or business owners might find the site hard to use.

6. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before I start the marketing campaign for this site I was going to send out an email to business representing organisations around the country to try and create some initial interest in the site. I am going to post it here in the hope that users can perhaps give me some pointers on creating an effective email as I'm no marketing whizz. Any comments will be helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Introductory Email
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/ Madam,

My name is ***** ********* and I run a new Online Business Network called MyBusinez.com which I've set up in order to stimulate the local and national economy. In times like these I think we need to re-evaluate how we reach our clients and meet other business promoters and MyBusinez.com addresses these issues with ease.

The main aim of MyBusinez.com is to make it easier for businesses to find each other and create possible business partnerships that may help increase their own business and stimulate the local economy.

Website users, who sign up as 'Employer' or 'investor' can create, edit or delete their own company profiles that can be found via the 'companies' tab on the main home page. They can also create e-shot bulletin marketing campaigns that will be sent to every user on the website. This can be useful to reach the 1,000s of users who will soon be regularly visiting the website. We plan on establishing MyBusinez.com as a one-stop-shop for creating sales leads and businesses will be queuing up to get listed.

Employers can also post, update or delete job positions and browse Resumes/Cvs of jobseekers who have registered on the website.

Registering on the website is free and once you have registered you will gain access to all of these useful tools. We plan to develop MyBusinez.com into one of the premiere business networking and employment websites on the internet over the next 5 years.

MyBusinez.com is registered with Google and as an expert in Internet Marketing I plan on scaling the Everest that is the top position in Google over the next year, creating a much needed boost for Irish Businesses on a global scale.
    I would be very grateful if you could send out an e-mail or memo to all of your members to let them know about MyBusinez.com and help us to reach our aim of building partnerships and strengthening local economies all over Ireland.

Kind Regards,
    Name
    Details.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The first thing that I would note is that the first tow paragraphs are mostly about you and your business. It would help to refocus it, so that you tell your potential clients how your site can benefit their business, at the very beginning of the email. You might start of with something like;

"Promote your business for free on MyBusinez.com - an Irish business website registered with Google as an expert in Internet Marketing."

You could then begin to talk about how MyBusinez.com is working to help stimulate the economy by helping to promote Irish businesses on the web.

Ensure that your email includes at least one call to action. For example a link saying something like; "Click here to add your business today, completely free of charge".

Unfortunately there have been some quite high profile scams, based on web directories that invoiced businesses for listings that the business had not approved or agreed to pay for. So anything that would help to reassure potential clients that your business is legit would be beneficial, e.g. the fact that you are registered with Google and giving your local contact details plus any business associations or networks that you are involved in, should help.

Please post back with your thoughts and we will take it from there.

8. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's great advice once again. Thanks very much. I am very worried about coming across as a spammer so one of my main issues is that I want to come across as a local business/ website. I need something the recipient can relate to. For instance if I'm sent an e-mail with 'add your site here' I'd usually delete it as I'd be afraid of being sent to a website that steals my details or infects my computer with a virus. But if I got an email saying add your business to this local directory adding my phone number, email, skype and web address I think that would put the recipient at ease.

I like your point about being registered with Google and expertise with internet marketing. I agree that this adds to the legitimacy of the email/ business.

Thanks for your help on this. I may send out a few emails today.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with it and please do post back to let us know how it works out for you.

10. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, will do. Thanks again for the advice.