New Business Idea

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Lexie Huv, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Lexie Huv

Lexie Huv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

A group of us have come up with a new business idea and we were hoping to get some feedback on the idea. Our idea is a jacket that allows the person wearing it to adjust the temperature of the jacket depending on the weather. An example would be if it is cold in the morning they could adjust the jacket to a warmer setting and if by the afternoon it is warmer out they could adjust the jacket to a cooler setting. We are hoping this would allow for people to not need more than one jacket.

Thank You

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Or just unzip the jacket if you get too warm.

3. Jessica A.

Jessica A.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! This is a great idea. However I'd like to ask, does it have any built in wires of some sort inside the jacket to make it warmer and cooler? I don't quite like the idea of having an "electronic" jacket. I fear wearing something that will possibly electrocute me.

4. Sarah Hill

Sarah Hill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a great idea. When we can wear such jacket.Implement this soon

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Here in Texas there are times when it is cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon. I myself have experienced the opposite, as I work the overnight shift in my regular job - hot when I go in to work, cool when I get out. I can bring a sweater and keep it in my car when I'm working, but I use fisicx's suggestion at other times.
    I'm sure that precautions can be taken so this won't happen, and a label can be added to the inside with a warning not to wear the jacket when the wiring gets damaged. In fact, such a warning may be legally necessary.
    So far, it appears to only be an idea, nothing actually exists yet. First, research would have to be done to see if there would be sufficient demand for such a product. Then, a prototype would have to be made, and a manufacturer found to make the product. It won't actually be available for some time.

6. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well the idea is great but what should be the power source for this. i hope you are also thinking of some safe and consistent power supply which should not loose power frequently .

7. Simi

Simi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, that 's great idea.
    But, is that jacket water-resistant ?
    where you hide the power source or recharge it ?
    how long it could keep you warm ?
    how safe it is ?

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

These are all excellent questions, and should be kept in mind when a prototype is made. if desired, a survey could be taken to see what features buyers might want, and concerns they would have.

9. ZhiYang

ZhiYang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I think you should check out Flexwarm in Indiegogo, there is already this kind of adjusting temperature jacket out there, you can even charge your phone through the jacket. What I'm thinking is that maybe you can do some research and study on that then come with better improvement in your prototype that have better or extra feature. Good Luck!

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Be careful, as there are, or were, two jackets on Indiegogo, one called the Heacket, another called Flexwarm. The Heacket had several delays when they first started, which caused many people to request refunds. There is also one by a company called Redder, and a search of "Heated jacket" on Google will bring up even more, including a review of the 10 best heated jackets. The two mentioned above started in 2016, so Lexie is a little late to the party. In spite of what fisicx may think, there is a demand for this sort of garment.