New business idea. Web 2.0 for business websites

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by mybusinez.com, Nov 19, 2009.

1. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've had the idea to add social or client networks to client's websites. I am currently developing this idea and I wonder could I get some feedback or opinions on how good or bad it could be. Would you be interested in it for your business website for instance?

The 'client' or 'customer network' could allow customers to post suggestions and reviews about your products on your website *Market research*. It could be an excellent medium for *aftersales* (aftersales are very important to customers and I have known people to take their business elsewhere because of bad aftersales). This would all be part of *business development*, *product placement* and *customer loyalty* which I think is very very important for any business as Word of Mouth is the best advertising you can get but I find some businesses, especially big business, don't seem to care about it or don't have the facility.

Customers could meet each other and discuss the products with each other (good or bad?). For instance 2 customers who know each other might get excited by using the same product. They might talk about the next version of same and what features it could have. Again free market research.

Customers could place orders for products the seller doesn't have or new products creating more revenue streams.

Would this be something that would be of interest to people here?

I have more ideas.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Businesses are increasingly becoming aware of the importance of interacting with their customers through social networking. Hence, there are business opportunities in this area.

Rather than building social networking elements onto your client websites, have you considered integrating them with existing social networking sites, such as Twitter and FaceBook? You could charge a fee for the initial account creation, set-up and consultancy. You might even charge an ongoing maintenance, support and training fee.

As an example of how an Irish company are using FaceBook have a look at Hairy Baby. Have a look at http://www.skittles.com/ as an example of how closely a major brand can integrate their site with social networking.

[Moving thread to Online Business forum!]

3. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The beauty of having your own social network is that you control it. When the client posts a comment on the website, that comment will be seen on every single profile on the social network. So if you have 1,000 users on your social network, your adverts will definitely be seen by 1,000 users.

By using these social networks you are directly reaching all of your visitors/ users. It's basically like beaming a signal into everyone's house.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How can you be sure of that? People may register on the website but not read all the comments?

I'd like to hear the views of other members on this business idea.

5. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Much like bebo or myspace, when a user posts a comment on another users profile it can be seen on that profile only but I will set the website up so that when my client posts a comment/ advert it will automatically be posted on every user's profile.

If the profiles are public it could be seen by both the users who go to ANYBODY'S profile (as the comment/ advert will be on every single one) as well as anyone who visits the website. Do you understand what I mean?

I'm building this system from the bottom up so I can control what my clients want on the Social Network. Let me know if you still have questions about it.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds interesting, have you written a spec on the functionality & features of the network software?

7. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have but I don't want to make it public as before you know it every developer on the planet will be selling it. It would only be useful to a certain number of industries also. For instance I'm not sure if it would be useful to B2B businesses for instance.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You are right not to disclose the details mybusinez.com. Good luck with everything, please keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you have any further business questions.