New Blog. Which one to start?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by JBMedia, Jun 27, 2011.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok, so I decided to sit down and think hard about a few things I'm really interested in the other night to start up a new blog.

Unfortunately, all my ideas are highly saturated. I would like BAF's opinions on which one I should start with first, seeing how eventually I will have one of each.

1. Business related blog
    2. Tech related blog
    3. Music related blog

Which one do you think would be the best to start for now?
    I just like to gather opinions. :)

2. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All of them are very helpful, I've got to admit though - if I were you I'd stick to either Business or Tech (depending which one you're most knowledgeable on). I just feel so many people are looking for articles to do with Business and Tech stuff, and your article/blog posts could be the one they're looking for!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stality

Stality
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A Busines & Tech combo blog. Tech is corner stone of every business nowadays, there is always market for (good) content on that topic.

Dont worry about market saturation, not every successful company has an innovative idea. Given a great plan and a great execution, the final product/service is immaterial.

However on my experience with blogs, if you want to be competitive you could get some help. Share the content producing work with one or two more people.

Recruit some friends/connections on the same wave that could give a hand, and work out some sort of reward, present, future or a combination.

Also, if you dont already have one, find a good professional graphic designer & web coder that can fine tune your blogging platform, and produce a ton of graphic material to use on social / advertising channels and build the blog image.

Plan long term and have a strict policy on updates and content creation. If there are 3 editors on the blog, put down in writing the frequency, length, nature, min count of keywords from your pool of keywords, and other jobs such as social media updates.

Have a realistic plan and stick with it for 3-4 months. After that watch which articles are getting more traffic and analyze why (topic? editor style? spreading referrals for those? busy keywords?).

The topic Business & Tech is a great one to monetize from, there is a lot of advertisement potential there.

I hope that helps, good luck with your project

• Like Like x 2
    #3 Stality, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is amazing advice. Thank you so much for it.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Simple, just go for the one you are most interested and able to write many quality post

6. brandy

brandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

#6 brandy, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  7. ssstylish

ssstylish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tech related blog is a good choice, beacuse there are many things happen in tech fields. So, you can keep your content updated daily.