Networking Advice??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Kline90, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Kline90

Kline90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are having trouble networking with other people due to the fact that you are shy, I would suggest that you start off Twitter. It can be easier for you to interact with people. Start by searching for like minded people, or people that are in the same field as you. Retweet their material, chances are they will thank you. All you have to do next is say you're welcome, and thanks for the interesting content you provided. It will start with small talk, and the object should be to slowly build up the courage to interact. As a rule always set a goal (it doesn't have to be a big goal) but something that will take you out of your comfort zone, and do whatever it takes to complete that goal. It will get easier as time goes on.

3. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a great idea to use twitter. Networking can be quite nerve wracking especially when you're new to it, also if you happen to be quite a shy person it's even more difficult to break the ice with new people. I've been thinking about going to some networking events for some experience but i'm a little apprehensive as i'm a little out of practice

4. Kline90

Kline90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice! really appreciate it!

5. deannatroupe

deannatroupe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely start with online networking if you are a shy person. It is not as intimidating and no one can see your hands sweating.

6. goodbells

goodbells
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for giving nice tips of Twitter.

7. jack123456

jack123456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely begin with on the internet social media if you are a shy individual. It is not as frightening and no one can see your arms and fingers perspiration.

8. Addaneye123

Addaneye123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a strategy to use tweets. Social media can be quite neural wracking especially when you're new to it, also if you are quite a shy individual it's even more challenging to separate the ice with new individuals.

9. jwmann2

jwmann2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which social network you go with really depends on the audience you are seeking and what your niche is. If you are dealing with a complex business environment, Linkedin is where you want to be because all of their users are high income-decision makers. Fact. If you aren't sure how to use Linkedin, google the name Lewis Howes. He is a Linkedin expert and started from humble beginnings. Best of luck.

10. BoBo_184

BoBo_184
    uix_expand uix_collapse

interesting

11. offshoreaccout

offshoreaccout
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a strategy to use tweets. Social media can be quite neural wracking especially when you're new to it, also if you are quite a shy individual it's even more challenging to separate the ice with new individuals. I've been considering going to some networking activities for some practical knowledge but i'm a little frightened as i'm a little out of exercise.