Needs the suggestions for my small locksmith business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by lmoaceySus, Mar 7, 2013.

1. lmoaceySus

lmoaceySus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey i want to start my small locksmith business because i have good experience in this field so now i want to start my own business but i want to know that which will be the best to start my locksmith business and from where i'll profit from it. if anybody have some suggestions or knows about it plzz share with me. looking forwrad for your replies...

2. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's plenty of ways to start a locksmith business.

- Make and cut keys
    - Door to door service for those stuck out their house or car
    - Specialize in new fields of locks like RFID
    - Fix locks
    - Restore old locks, many people restoring things (classic cars, furniture, etc.) want the original locks to work.
    - Cracking open safes

You mentioned having experience, what type? what did you do? and perhaps more importantly, what do you LIKE to do? and how much money do you have for startup?

Where does the profit come from; You got to remember if someone is going to hire you then you are making them more money than you're getting paid. If someone paid you to do something as a job, there's profit involved in what you do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum lmoaceySus, thanks for joining and posting your business questions.

Do you plan on opening a retail store for your locksmith business or will you be a mobile locksmith?

Have you considered writing a business plan for your business?

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you explain what you meant by which will best? Are you asking about the best location?

If you are going to run the business on your own then the price you charge will determine your profit.