Need your valuable suggestions

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Andym, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone,

We have switched our Business Blog from Blogger to the Wordpress. By doing this we didn't mean that Blogger is not a good blogging platform, but it is just that Wordpress has some additional features that we wanted to use.

http://blog.promodirect.com

Since we are still under the developing phase, we would like to hear your recommendations for our new blog design. It can be related to the following:

1. The layout of the blog. The color scheme. The navigation. The overall display.
    2. The types of topics that we write.
    3. We are running a new contest for businesses. I invite you to participate in it.
    4. What would you love to read?
    5. Your valuable suggestion to make the user experience much better.

Thanks a lot!

2. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like the design of your blog. I'm definitely more of a simplistic minded person though. I prefer blogs to be simple and easy to navigate, which your blog is. It's also very easy on the eyes with colors, however, maybe adding a small lighter tint of another specific color could spice things up a little more?

Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The blog design is pretty much ok for me. It's simple and minimalistic.
    But on the posts column, it just stretch out the page too far. I would suggest using a "Read more" mod to kept the length of the page to a minimum.
    The header seems to have a thick whitespace above the banner. I wonder why the link f the homepage goes here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Andym it's just a personal view but your blog has a slightly cluttered feel for me. This is caused by the amount of detail you have in the header and the navigation buttons you have in the right hand margin. I'd like to see how it would look with the grey background text removed from the header (i.e. the text that says "Promotional Products", "Sales", etc.) and with text links rather than rectangular buttons for the navigation (i.e. "Item Under $1", "$25 OFF", etc.)

Good luck with it and apologies for the fact that I somehow missed your review request and am only replying now.

5. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I must agree with Fergal on the cluttered feel at the top but besides that the rest looks really great. I must say good job with your blog so and good luck for the future.

6. papachina

papachina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really blogger is also good but word press provide most advance feature. We can protect our blog from spam also word press is good and also try to reduce navigation from the blog. I have also a blog in word press http://papachina.wordpress.com/.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, blogger is really good. Been using them for 2 years now.

8. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@ geki you are right geki.

@ andym, when i visit your site, it looks greats but it seem it wider site . you may consider to put " Quick Links To Our E-Commerce " under "Archives" to make it user friendly browsing your site?

9. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree about the comments regarded it feeling cluttered. There is a lot to look at before your eye starts reading what matters.

Personally I would remove the tag cloud and the moving images in the sidebar as they seem more of a distraction.

10. Jimmylinda

Jimmylinda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I would remove the tag cloud and the moving images in the sidebar as they seem more of a distraction.

11. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great move,Wordpress is better than blogger.
    Some of my suggestions are:
    *Make a banner
    *Change the font of navigation bar.
    *As jimmy suggest make images of respective articles moving around the homepage.

12. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah Wordpress is a good platform for blogging but Blogger is also not bad. Please keep some banners or adds in your site. Thanks you