Need your point of view

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Alexishost, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I need your point of view or comment about our company website?

It is www.alexishost.com
    Is there any spot you think we can improve?

Thanks for your time , honest and supportive feedback.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Alexishost the first comment I would make on your homepage is that it is very long, detailed and includes a lot of text. Homepages sometimes work best when they include less information, don't require much scrolling to view the full content of the page and give a concise professional overview of the business and how it can benefit it's target customers.

When potential customers first visit a site they only give a few seconds attention to decide if they want to learn more or if they will move on to another site. That first impression is vital to the success of any site and this is the reason why many sites have limited info on the homepage, but include links to other pages with more info on separate aspects of the business / customer offer.

Are there any particular reasons why you have included so much detail on your home page?

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took a look at your site, and like Fergal noticed the length of the home page. I also explored a little, and noticed that a lot of the information on the home page(almost the entire page) is duplicated on several other pages as well. There really is no need to do this. When a visitor goes to a certain page, only the information that is relevant to what the visitor is looking for should be included on that page. If the visitor requires other information, a link to the relevant page should suffice.

4. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Increase search engine rank and make customer easy to read why we are better and decide to order
    Thanks fergal, thanks joeroxx for your supportive comment and feedback. The actual reason why it is so long it is purposesed to increaase the search engine rank. Search engine love the long content. further more, in the first stage of planning of alexishost.com site, is designer to make each of visitor easy to make purchase.

I am personally understand that 'long page ' issue, so that there is a auto scroll feature that scrolling the page automatically to " Order Test Business Hosting Plan FREE " when visitor visit alexishost.com....

Currently it makes around 2- 20 sign up perday from non affiliate - for TEST Business hosting Plan. What do you think about that?
    I will be happy to receive any suggestion that the best fit can be implement to increase sign up rate 50 - 500 perday.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Alexishost receiving 2-20 sign-ups per day is a good result. What you could do is try your site for a few days, with a more traditional layout, i.e. less content on each page to see if that increases or decreases your sign ups.

Having lots of content on your site does help with your SEO, however not all of that content needs to be on your homepage. Your site can still do very well in the search engines, if you use one or two targeted keywords for each individual page of your site and focus on making each of these pages as user-friendly as possible for your visitors. You may find that your sales of paid hosting accounts increases, if your site design and layout is more user-friendly to your visitors.

Have you looked at any of your competitors' sites to see if you can get ideas from them and to look for ways that you can improve on what they are already doing?

Good luck with it!