Need VPS advice

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Niksentok, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Niksentok

Niksentok
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey so I posted a week or so ago I was looking for a dedicated server in USA or UK with ddos protection I am now interested in finding possibly a VPS instead.
    I only need basic protection of 1gbit, a 2 core CPU and 2GB of RAM and at least 20GB of Space, I have a budget of $100/month.
    What are your views on Solvps.com? Can I rely on them? Any other options for my consideration?

2. Grestok

Grestok
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you ask me, I know that pretty good vps hosting services offered by libertyvps.com
    Their control panel is 100% custom and it is amazing. Very happy so far. I highly recommend them if you care about your online presence.

3. CashAware

CashAware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you want to do with this double-core and 2 GB RAM? You will run heavy things, you want to compute things or just really do website hosting? Because if it's website hosting, please tell me about what technologies are you going to use and the volume of your traffic, which are the basic things influencing what machine you need to.

Also, that's nice to have a large budget, but I wonder why $100. It seems pretty costly for what you ask.

Finally, why you changed your mind about VPS and why would you need a dedicated or a VPS? What about going more into the cloud? What are your needs?

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For $100 a month I would better go with a dedicated server, some of which start at $30 per month.

However the most reliable VPS service I have ever tried is Burstnet, a company that has been online since the beginning of the internet public access. This is among the very few companies that give you a box with two dedicated IPs by default, practice that is not longer common, but highly recommended and necessary to setup nameservers.

Certainly most companies will allow you to buy additional IPs, but unles you buy dedicated support, it might be a hassle assign yourself those additional IPs, unless you know what you are doing.

Even though, and as already stated, knowing what your required specs are may contribute to give you a better advice.

5. IOLES

IOLES
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They have everything you need, support is friendly and helpful and the forum is extremely useful too.
    My previous host was so bad, my site was down almost daily, I found solvps.com and have never looked back.

New customers can get a great discount with coupon BESTVPSOFFER for 25% off for life

6. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree, dedicated servers are even more protected as you are the indeed owner of the box and you don't actually share it with none else which is quite safer. I would try DigialOcean with the DDoS protection option as they have many datacenters in the UK and US so I would give it a try and also the price are quite cheap.

7. klaythomson

klaythomson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best option is to find alternative host, which is 4Goodhosting. I have used their VPS servers and I can say that the uptime is 100% and the over all speed performance is excellent.Their customer support is available 24/7 and I usually get a response within few minutes of opening a ticket. I am very satisfied! Just give a try!

8. Ocido

Ocido
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd like to say that Kvchosting.com would be nice option to get vps hosting solutions at reasonable rates. They have skilled tech support and high stability.

9. Lockisk

Lockisk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am most impressed with Solvps.com for their friendly, timely and helpful support. They have helped me get several sites up and running in no time. The cpanel provided is useful and easy to use. Can say that this host is perfect for VPS hosting. New customers can get a great discount with coupon BESTVPSOFFER for 25% off for life

10. Capaldi

Capaldi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can say Kvchosting.com is offering high quality hosting solutions with 100% uptime, professional support and useful features for reasonable prices.

11. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never heard about this company but If you need a VPS for you then purchase it from OVH or other provider because of $100 is to much for a normal vps.

12. MacDID

MacDID
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can say that compared to our previous hosting company, solvps.com was like a breath of fresh air.
    Their VPS hosting service is perfect! They are already set up and ready for Joomla and similar applications, and the customer support has always been prompt and helpful.

13. Fredholm

Fredholm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my experience Kvchosting.com is the best option to get VPS hosting solutions. Reliability is highest, support is helpful and prices are reasonable.

14. Maestro_2015

Maestro_2015
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had a Dedicated Server with Psych Networks and they were good. If you want cheap Look at OVH. They are probably going to be the cheapest ddos protected provider around.

15. Johnwb

Johnwb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for me Kvchosting.com is the best fit to receive vps hosting solutions. They have high reputation, solid servers, knowledgeable support and low pricing.

16. Gustavo

Gustavo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For VPS hosting you will get cheap plans.waxspace provides cheap,reliable web hosting.Following are the some basic VPS plans

VPS Starter

Disk Space 10GB SSD
    Bandwidth 1 TB
    1 vCore CPU
    Guaranteed RAM 2 GB
    Free Setup
    1 IPv4 Included
    $8/Month

VPS Economy
    Disk Space 20 GB SSD
    Bandwidth 2 TB
    1 vCore CPU