Need tips on website making in JAVA!!!!

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Shivam, May 31, 2013.

1. Shivam

Shivam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everybody,

This is Shivam and I am currently working in a marketing company . I want to design my own social networking website just like facebook, may be not that BIGGGG. Can any one suggest some ways , How to start work on my website ? And what all i need to expand my network? I would also need database , so how to get that?

Basically , I am an amateur and know only a few basics in JAVA. Any kind of help would be appreciable.

Thank you.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

My suggestion would be to learn HTML and then move on to PHP and MySQL. Learning those languages will make it easier to develop a website, than a knowledge of Java. How does that sound to you?

3. Shivam

Shivam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well can you suggest me some books on HTML or PHP ?? Some very easily understandable books .

4. Boby Smith

Boby Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you have learning strong HTML and Java Script first for that with PHP.

5. Shivam

Shivam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can anyone suggest me good books on website designing??

6. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it seems little strange that you want to design a website like Facebook and That also smaller website than Facebook. Just ask ask yourself one question, Why people would come to your website? If you still think that this is profitable to you, then it would be easier to do this in PHP and with MySQL to save your time and money.
    But, here I have one more concern, if you learn also, it would be very difficult to make a website like that without much expertize, you need to have someone with great experience.
    What do you think?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

8. Shivam

Shivam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes i do agree.. I will obviously learn first the appropriate languages and database. I have been learning JAVA right now and it is no big deal to make a website equivalent to facebook. The success of facebook lies behind the fact that mark first added the members of elite members of premium harvard club and these members already had a lot of followers. Hence facebook first members were already celebrities. Just think of website whose first members would be angelina jolie or tom cruise or sharukh khan...who wouldn't enroll in the website then?? Same was the case with facebook....

thanx fergal

#8 Shivam, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  9. singhlily

singhlily
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This very good that you want to develop a site using java. but as you told you have less knowledge about java then my first suggestion to choose any other because java is very tough language. I am not demotivating you only telling truth. you should choose php for this great work because php offers numerous plugins and other very friendly and also easy to learn.

Best of luck......

10. Shivam

Shivam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok thank you lily

11. singhlily

singhlily
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you are very welcome

12. madelinekim

madelinekim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to learn HTML or PHP then you an go for ebooks which you can download from web at free of cost and there are many online training programs or tutorials are available on the web from which you can learn lots of things about HTML or PHP.