Need suggestions on getting clients for my bookkeeping business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by A.M.A Bookkeeping, Oct 11, 2015.

1. A.M.A Bookkeeping

A.M.A Bookkeeping
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ho there i am looking for advice and marketing tips tobget more clients for my bookkeeping business. I have business cards website posters and sent out some letters to newer businesses as well got decals on my vehicle....

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What are "business cards website posters"? Are they an offline or online item? If online, are they similar to splash pages, which are one page websites that basically are used as promotional tools? I've never seen splash pages referred to as "website posters" before. Is this a new term? Are they called "business cards website posters" because they include your business name, address and contact information? Or are they actual physical posters that can be hung on a wall?
    If you have actual business cards, you can pass them out at business-related functions like trade shows or local chamber of commerce meetings. But don't be pushy or obvious, give them out to people who ask for them. For websites, you have a variety of ways to promote them. You can put your URL everywhere, including on your business card, ads for your business, letterhead, email signature, even here in the forum when you qualify to do so. Actual promotion of the website itself includes SEO annd PPC. You can find all kinds of SEO advice in various threads in the forum, including the "Featured: Sales, Marketing, Online Promotion & SEO" thread. Be careful with the SEO threads, though, because some older threads may be outdated. PPC stands for "pay-per-click", basically the ads you see on the top, right side, and sometimes bottom of the search engine results pages. This could get expensive, as you will have to pay every time someone clicks on your ad. You can get more information from Google's Adwords pages

3. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We would like to see them (your business cards, website posters, letters etc). I think those will help us to advice you.

4. MooreHelen

MooreHelen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) Brochures
    2) Offer to teach or provide advice on bookkeeping for small-business owners .. you will get free publicity
    3) keep ur name in front of clients so u don't lose them