Need some feedback on an ad i'm developing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by fstep, Feb 12, 2012.

1. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically my goal is to drive people from a youtube video ad to a facebook page and get them to like the facebook page where they can also purchase the product.
    To do this I made a short youtube tutorial on how to start a business with no experience. Just wanted some constructive criticism on the video (this is my first youtube or any kind of video ad so please be gentle lol). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njn_vAg-8Ok

The target market is unemployed, stay at home moms, and entrepreneurs. Primarily not the most tech savvy people...

2. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi fstep!

Nice vid! Great way to promote yourself! :cool:

I think the quality on picture and sound is good. But why do you make yourself so small? You can start from the setting, but after two seconds, you should move in for a close up. If people feel a distance to you, they won't get interested in what you say. If you can't catch the interest of a visitor in a couple of seconds, he or she will go and watch another vid. Don't hide yourself like this. What you do is like holding your hand in front of your face when you speak: you create a psychological distance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yea i was testing 2 concepts, i have the same video without all that animation as well, just me talking by a white wall. i thought that graphics thing might look impressive to some of the "very non-tech savvy" people, as many of those are my customers and have never seen that done before.

4. Janechan

Janechan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fstep,
    Why not bulid a website of your own?
    A personal website will look more professional than a subpage on Facebook.

5. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have a website and i sell these there as well. the reason for the facebook page is that this is also part of my MBA project and the goal is to drive traffic from one social media channel to another i just figured i'd use some my business as part of it (kinda kill 2 birds with 1 stone). also if they like the facebook page they spread it to their friends, which is big. i have my websites listed on the facebook page as well.

#5 fstep, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm. I found it quite good, but I think using only a video is not enough. Why not write some articles also for your offered product? Have you tried it already?

7. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well the facebook page has a general article/more of a pitch though. my goal is to get people to contact me so i can try to sell personally. are you suggesting writing like a complete, long tutorial?

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sort of. Like making use of webinars and ebooks types of tutorials will do. Sometimes, people prefer to read than to watch.

9. michal26

michal26
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a website and i sell these there as well. the reason for the facebook page is that this is also part of my MBA project and the goal is to drive traffic from one social media channel to another i just figured i'd use some my business as part of it

10. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it's a really interesting idea. I haven't watched the video yet because I am still in the office... sorry. Anyway, the idea is to have someone watch the video and click your facebook link, right? Well just make an interesting video and put a link in it. Make sure that it's really interesting to others because it wouldn't be visible if it's only interesting to you. Have someone, like friends, wife, relatives-watch it and then have their opinions too in consideration.

11. kateherbert

kateherbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey fstep,
    You should consider making more videos and, like the first person stated, make yourself close up after a few seconds. If you make more videos and post them on multiple video hosting sites you multiply your chances of getting viewers and them going to your Facebook.

Kate :)

12. ProScribe

ProScribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should include a clickable link in your description. Write it in the following format such as http:// not www. (which is not clickable)

This should be write at the start of the description and should be followed by a strong call to action. A call to action is when you tell your viewer what you want to do next. In this context it would mean clicking through to your fan page. In the call to action include the main benefit that the person will receive from visiting your fanpage. I think landing them on your fanpage is probably acceptable.

13. diggs11

diggs11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You made really nice video tutorial and this is the best way to promote your business online create more videos and upload on youtube

Best Regards.