Need some Business Advice

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by raynor, Apr 2, 2011.

1. raynor

uix_expand uix_collapse

Apr 2, 2011

I'm new to this forum but I'm passionate about business.

I have a company providing business solutions that will allow you to monitor and track offline advertisements and measure ROI.

I have 2 different sets of clientelle. One will focus on how to measure their new product campaigns like Nike, if they're launching a new pair of shoes and they place their billboards in shopping centres. We have the ability to measure this offline ad to statistics.

On the other hand, we have another option which is approaching advertising network like a magazine publisher who sells advertising spaces on their magazines. So they will be the ones looking for clients. In our words, something like selling our product solutions for us.

My questions are:
    1. If I sell to clients launching campaigns, it's pretty straight forward, which is a one time campaign fee plus retainer fees. But if I approach advertising agencies, that would be different because they don't need our product but their clients need it. That would also give them the upper hand in getting more clients.

Imaging if I advertised my product in a magazine. I will surely want to know how it performs and if I can get statistics, that'll be good and this is the solutions we provide, so I'm pretty confident these advertising networks will want our solutions as part of their business.

I need advice on how I should offer this to them. Do I charge them a one time fee to be able to sell our product and everytime they close their own clients, they will pay us a certain percentage or royalties?

Do I charge them a fixed monthly fee? If I do this, then they can close as many clients giving them more money for our products while we're only charging fixed monthly price to them.

What do you suggest?
  2. mikethomsun

uix_expand uix_collapse

Mar 15, 2011
    If you have your client set up on a monthly pricing plan, adding a mark up to their monthly rate is a very simple way to produce some consistent income. For a lot of clients, their total subscriber count will be small enough to qualify for unlimited campaigns in each billing period.You might include some consulting fees into their monthly rate.