Need some advice on where to start to get members to forum

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by pityocamptes, Feb 15, 2015.

1. pityocamptes

pityocamptes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Took over a site, and cleaned up a bunch of stuff. I have posted for blog writers, ads, adsense, you name it, tried it, but not sure why I cannot seem to get members signing up. I do get traffic, not a lot, but some. Used SEO services, etc. Could someone please break a plan down for me on how to go about recruiting members, etc.? Really lost at this point... very frustrating. Thanks.

2. adrianlynch

adrianlynch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well first you need o generate activity in your forum, hire few guys, search for the hot topics/issues and post them in your forum and generate discussions. People dont like to create account in forum where the posts level is low. So generate content, post common issues and there answers once those posts start ranking the people will start coming and they will register to discuss or at-least say thanks for creating a useful post.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The problem with taking over a site and "(cleaning) up a bunch of stuff" is that people remember what it was like before it was cleaned up - and they have long memories. You now have to let your potential visitors know that the site is now new and improved. But, it has to be "new and improved" when they get there. Adrianlynch's suggestion to hire a few people to start generating posts is a good start. We also have ways to promote your site here on BAF. We have both free and paid classified ads, and we are currently running a competition where you can win $5000! You can also get a link in your signature after making 50 helpful posts, or by becoming a premium member. Speaking of 50 posts, you can also offer a freebie for those who are active in your forum.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you share with us the site's url?

5. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Get your URL here and have the traffic flow automatically. I just want to ensure you have a legitimate site so that people here definitely would spread the word. We look forward for your update.

6. tk-hassan

tk-hassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you should try suggestions by @adrianlynch first, then try these two:
    find good forums like BAF, signup there, get signatures and participate there positively people will automatically start coming to your forum.
    also as advised above by @joeroxx , you can advertise on BAF and other forums for very small amount, this create a flood of new members