Need some advice about keywords

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pentawebexperts, Aug 9, 2012.

1. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends i am eager to know that how many days Google takes to update the keyword rankings. For example i have done some works on my keywords on Monday then when should i check my keyword rankings and hope to be approved by Google or Friday or Saturday?

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The answer is everyday.

Everyday there is a data refresh the continuously goes on from their database to the whole Google web - thus, every refresh means rank update or changes. One thing that also matter when monitoring your keyword ranks is your indexed / cached pages. When your website it cached most often in w week, it may mean that Google is seeing good updates or fresh content on your website making it crawl your website again.

Though it does not mean that you are getting crawled most often in a week, does not mean you will have a good ranking in SERPs in return.

• Like Like x 2
  3. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Yes, You are 100% right. You have share really great information about keyword.

4. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It might be depend on your site cache time. Because when Google cache a page at that time check all links related to that page on the other sites then may be give rank to that page.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google is updating the SERP every minutes. However, you wouldnt see significant result in short period unless you are doing a very good work. By the way, it is fine to keep monitoring your SERP daily to check how effective your work. Google webmaster tools is on e of the good free tool for you to monitor your SERP

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google webmaster tool tell you the number of page indexing and crawl rate. Although the spider index and craw a site all the time, but it does not mean the site visible at top search.

All pages update have to pass through below process.

Crawl > Index and store the database > calculate with site is relevant > reflect at user query.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with sigma that significant results will not be seen in a short period of time, but do not think it's a good idea to check your SERP's every day - it will drive you nuts. We send our clients a report on their results every two weeks. That should be enough to allow them to see the results for their desired keyword phrases.

8. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An overall tip, if it helps - If you want to check the status of our site and where your pages rank, from my experience, it's best to check once a week on the same day. I do this for a site I work on and it works very well. If you look to closely or too often, it's easy to get the wrong picture. Choosing one specific time window and being consistent gives you a much more accurate, apples-to-apples view.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I usually check my keyword ranks once or twice a week, it should be enough especially when you have too many keywords to monitor.
    I also check my competitor keywords once a week to monitor their ranks as well and use it to compare with my own portal ranks in keywords.

10. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keywords relates to the term frequency and keywords density.

11. 3009203267

uix_expand uix_collapse

There are other tools you can use, like senuke x,market samurai